Thanks to Gamma on the beer tip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
muncybob said:
OK, what's the diffrerence between a 60 minute IPA and a 90 minute IPA? Takes longer to drink one of them? :)

How long it takes you to pass out.

muncybob said:
OK, what's the diffrerence between a 60 minute IPA and a 90 minute IPA? Takes longer to drink one of them? :)

30..60...90...120...represents amount of time the hops are boiled.
Longer boil time =more bitter and more malt =stronger beer ;-P

Our Wegmans has both the 60 and 90...think I'll pick up a 6 and try them out. I just put in for leave from work tomorrow in case I enjoy them too much.

muncybob said:
Our Wegmans has both the 60 and 90...think I'll pick up a 6 and try them out. I just put in for leave from work tomorrow in case I enjoy them too much.

Good thinking Bob....I dig your style..... :lol:

muncybob said:

Irish Flu going 'round. Wear your mask, wash hand frequently...and you can never be wearing too many pairs of pants.

Hey, Gamma... drinking a 60 minute right now. Celebrating...

'Cause we just locked in our mortgage this afternoon.

Think I'll have this one and one or six more. :coolsmile:

Battenkiller said:

That's awesome BK...good news......
Bottoms up dammit.... :)

Battenkiller said:

Way to go BK, I am so happy for you. A place of your own....HOME! Now get that wood burner in there and cozy it up. ;-P

Has anybody tried the Fosters Special Bitters? Comes in a green can instead of the normal blue ones. I think it's pretty dang good, but they don't sell it around here anymore.

HEY!! I JUst read back a few!! Congrats Battenkiller!! WOOHOO!

Congrats BK. If this is going to be your first closing, drink a case before you go.

BB - The only person I know that thinks real estate closings are entertainment.

Battenkiller said:

Batten, you found a house.? Glad to hear it man. Can ya burn wood there? Or are you going to have to add that?

BrotherBart said:
Congrats BK. If this is going to be your first closing, drink a case before you go.

BB - The only person I know that thinks real estate closings are entertainment.

Actually, it will be my second. First time was representing my dad when he sold his house out of the trust he had set up. We went overboard making sure that place was as nice and squeaky clean as we could get for the new owners, even mowed the lawn the day before. We get there and everything is going fine until the details of the inspection were discussed. Turns out the bathtub drain stopper wasn't working. I'm thinking, "Do the inspectors really check for that? Fill the tub up, close the stopper and see if the water stays in the tub?" Well, somebody did, because they were right. Was like that when I was kid living there and Dad never fixed it.

Be-atch lawyer insists she wants us to drop the price by $400 something dollars to cover the cost for a plumber to come in and repair it. I said I would fix it myself with a $1.37 rubber stopper mat. No, that would not do, and she's going on and on about the thing. So, I look right into the wife's eyes and say, "You know what? We're not dropping the price, you can walk right away from it if you don't like it." Then I start to stand up and the blood drains out of the wife's face and her jaw just drops. I finish standing up and reach into my pocket and count out four $20s and throw them down on the table. "There's $80... $20 from each of us." (the kids) "Take it or leave it."

They took it.

We each walked away with close to $30K after my dad's share. Had we lowered the priced by $400 we would have still walked away with close to $30K. But the way I saw it, that a-hole lawyer just had to be groan-slapped.

Anyway, thanks for all the congrats, but I'll start another thread about the house (including pics) in the 'Nook once we are done with the appraisal and inspections. I don't mind hijacking a thread here and there, but NEVER a beer thread. :coolsmirk:

if you guys like DIPAs then you should try victory's hopwallop. in my opinon it blows dogfish out of the water, im not a fan of their beers they are to carbonated for me. im not saying they are bad, just not my thing.

gamma if you still havent found TCS take a left at the light(the bridge and gays true value will be behind you) drive for maybe a mile, turn left after mcdonalds and you will be in the parking lot. i like TCS but gay's is probably my favorite store ever, stop in there if you have never been there.

mike8937 said:
if you guys like DIPAs then you should try victory's hopwallop. in my opinon it blows dogfish out of the water, im not a fan of their beers they'd are to carbonated for me. im not saying they are bad, just not my thing.

gamma if you still havent found TCS take a left at the light(the bridge and gays true value will be behind you) drive for maybe a mile, turn left after mcdonalds and you will be in the parking lot. i like TCS but gay's is probably my favorite store ever, stop in there if you have never been there.

All I wanna know is who is the idiot that decided to make 2 rt 6's...I took the first left on regular rt 6...not on to BUSINESS rt 6...the second left..dammit.. >:-(
I am gonna look for that Victory beer...

i will be brewing my own dipa very soon. maybe i will have an open invite to anyone who want to see my progress hybrid and taste my beer.

GAMMA RAY said:
All I wanna know is who is the idiot that decided to make 2 rt 6's...I took the first left on regular rt 6...not on to BUSINESS rt 6...the second left..dammit.. >:-(
I am gonna look for that Victory beer...

We had our Rt 7 reclassified as Rt 2, and that caused all kinds of confusion for a while. The transition occurs right at the big roundabout in Latham, so it had us going in circles trying to find where the rest of Rt. 7 went to. :p

Gamma, try the V-12 from Victory. It is a potent Belgian-style ale with ABV of 12%. I drank two bottles once and Lady BK had to winch my ass into bed. I forget how it tastes, though. Maybe I'll try it again, but with one less bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.