Thanks to our Veterans.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Title says it all. My boys will be heading down to partake in the Veterans Day ceremonies a little later with the cub scouts, wish I could be there but have to work.
Thank you to all those fine women and men that have served.

daveswoodhauler said:
Title says it all. My boys will be heading down to partake in the Veterans Day ceremonies a little later with the cub scouts, wish I could be there but have to work.

Thanks for posting this Dave. And a big THANK YOU to all those who serve, or have served, our country in any capacity.

daveswoodhauler said:

+10, Flags in the window.

zap

Hear, hear! Bravo to all the men and women who have served in our armed forces and kept us all safe and free. You all have my deepest gratitude.

They have my respect for sure.

Thanks to all those service persons, past and present. They deserve more than just one day IMHO.

Shawn

Just put the flag out. It will wear a yellow streamer starting 12/5.

My wife and I are taking my kids out to lunch today.

My son served with the US Army Field Artillery and is a decorated combat veteran that served in Iraq with the 101st Airborne Division and in Korea with the 2nd Inf Division. My daughter is an active duty medic who is home on leave prior to deploying to Afghanistan. Currently assigned to the 3rd Stryker Brigade, she will be attached the the 82nd Airborne Division as a member of a Female Engagement Team.

Their selflessness and sacrifice will reside in my heart until the day I am planted.

Thanks to all the Guys & Gals that Serve & have Served our country in the Military.
A True, "Heart Felt" THANK YOU !
And to the Families of our Veterans, THANK YOU.

DMZX said:
My son served with the US Army Field Artillery and is a decorated combat veteran that served in Iraq with the 101st Airborne Division and in Korea with the 2nd Inf Division. My daughter is an active duty medic who is home on leave prior to deploying to Afghanistan. Currently assigned to the 3rd Stryker Brigade, she will be attached the the 82nd Airborne Division as a member of a Female Engagement Team.

You tell them a hardy "thanks" is coming from an old sailor. You should be very proud of them.

Thanks. We have many Veterans who are members here. I'll stick my neck out and say that I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are appreciative of these sorts of expressed sentiments. I would add that you won't find a group of folks anywhere who are any more proud and supportive of...and concerned about...our active duty troops out there today than those of us who've been in their boots. Rick (30+ years USN)

I'm going to go buy a new flag today and fab up a stronger mount. The last wind storm ripped it right off the house before I had time to grab a ladder and take it down!

Where I live there are about a dozen houses in the circle. The ONLY people that fly flags are military or prior military. Always thought it was odd. I've been in the USAF for a little over 10 years.

NATE379 said:
I'm going to go buy a new flag today and fab up a stronger mount. The last wind storm ripped it right off the house before I had time to grab a ladder and take it down!

Where I live there are about a dozen houses in the circle. The ONLY people that fly flags are military or prior military. Always thought it was odd. I've been in the USAF for a little over 10 years.

A sincere thankyou there sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.