Thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stmar

Sep 12, 2014
Wyo
I came to this forum for a specific issue, got a lot of input and made some changes. As you monitor this site you pick up a lot of info. One poster put some pics of his fan motor and that reminded me that I had cleaned mine last spring but I thought what the heck and decided to give it another clean since we are in a warm weather period. When I took out the fan it did not look that bad, the duct area behind it was halfway clean so I hit it with the vac and some scraping. I took the fan to the shop and blew it out and scraped as needed, again not too bad. Then I looked at the windings, which are hard to see, and noticed some fine dust, and it would not just blow or vac out and the area is not that accessible. I took the time to use a very very small bottle brush and went through each winding as good as I could, blowing it out as I brushed. I could not believe how hard it was to get that stuff off the windings.
I would like to thank the posters for their input, it helps to motivate us to be proactive. And if that action results in a problem guess what? We have a place to come and get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.