Thanksgiving Day Hickory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
The gift that will keep on giving and giving. I got some extra help yesterday from my BIL.
We got going about 10:00 am and stopped at 2;00pm
I made the row a little longer yesterday.........this one is all hickory

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 015.jpg
    bearded asil hen 015.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 214
  • bearded asil hen 016.jpg
    bearded asil hen 016.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 195
  • bearded asil hen 017.jpg
    bearded asil hen 017.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 213
  • bearded asil hen 018.jpg
    bearded asil hen 018.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 199
That is a massive wall of super BTUs! Well done and looked like you had a fine day for it too.

Wow! Nice job, either you worked off all that you ate or worked up an incredible appetite for Thanksgiving dinner!

The turkey never stood a chance, nice work TimJ, I bet you ate well after that.

zap

Awesome looking stack ;)
Hickory is the perfect firewood (IMO) . Gazillions of BTU there.

Feels good to look at , eh?

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
oh man. that's a beautiful thing TJ. single rows too! hickory is some sick firewood. i burned a FEW LOGS the other night while finishing up my shoulder season white pine and the temp in the house went up 6 freakin degrees. and it wasn't a warm night either....low 20's. and...there were coals in the stove 8 hours later, if i had to choose one firewood it would probably be hickory.

or honey locust
or white oak
or osage

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Beautiful stack of hick - getcha a 50 gal barbecue and some hogs, and you're in buisness

The gift that will keep on giving and giving. I got some extra help yesterday from my BIL.
We got going about 10:00 am and stopped at 2;00pm
I made the row a little longer yesterday.........this one is all hickory
You'd better think about top covering those little stacks,because hickory rots quick.

WOW.How many cords in that long stack?

Thistle, I don't take the time to measure how much, but I do know it is about 75 foot long and 4 foot high with 20" long splits.........with alot more to go.
I have a oak row that is 150 feet long with alot more to go. This stuff is all out in the open in a 5 acre field. I am starting to feel a little like Pallet Pete in that someone is going to pull in and take them some.

Thistle, I don't take the time to measure how much, but I do know it is abouty 75 foot long and 4 foot high with 20" long splits.........with alot more to go.
I have a oak row that is 150 feet long with alot more to go. This stuff is all out in the open in a 5 acre field. I am starting to feel a little like Pallet Pete in that someone is going to pull in and take them some.
Check out the cord calculator at the top of the page that will give you an idea of how much wood is in those little stacks.

OLA, I know it's enough that I won't run out
You'll run out long before I,ya see I got a Blaze King,heats like a bear eats like a mouse.

Very Nice!!

That is just freakin' awesome! Hickory kicks ass....that is a beautiful sight....well done my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.