That Leaf Blower Trick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
;-) Doesnt matter cause you do it outside. As long as it has a vacuum attachment it will work.

Gumby1 said:
;-) Doesnt matter cause you do it outside. As long as it has a vacuum attachment it will work.

You know how hard it is to teach some folks well some never do catch on ;-) .

smwilliamson said:
Worked great! Now how do you get the smoke and smell of the leaf blower exhaust out of the house? I'm thinking all of you who do this have electric ones...mine is 2-cycle gas....damn it!

m kay what am I missing here? You attached the leaf blower
to the pipe outside the house so how did exhaust from your
gas powered blower get into the house?

Xena said:
smwilliamson said:
Worked great! Now how do you get the smoke and smell of the leaf blower exhaust out of the house? I'm thinking all of you who do this have electric ones...mine is 2-cycle gas....damn it!

m kay what am I missing here? You attached the leaf blower
to the pipe outside the house so how did exhaust from your
gas powered blower get into the house?

I was thinking the same thing, I'm guessing he didn't attach it to the pipe that was outside, but I don't know.

did you hook it up inside and blow the ash out the pipe? kinda lost?

I assumed he was joking. Hopefully he was joking. I did the leaf blower trick today, outside my house. Everything is beautiful, and I think I'm OK until it's time to shut it down in the spring.

smwilliamson said:
That's only a problem if you have your stove outside and the vent inside... like mine!

krooser said:
smwilliamson said:
That's only a problem if you have your stove outside and the vent inside... like mine!

LOL.....!!!

I'm put my stove outside and I'm heating my yard this year so I can make Al Gore look like a genius...

Reactions: P38X2
Hey, I know he was kidding BUT for those of us with TALL chimneys, fear of heights, steeply sloped roofs, old bones, and generally yellow spines, has anyone tried a leaf blower (preferably electric) inside? On the Quads I have, you could easily make an adapter/seal to go over the oblong hole that leads to the exhaust blower. Of course, you wouldn't vacuum out the rest of the stove, but on the Quads there isn't a whole lot you can't get at with the vacuum cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.