That time of year again...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Midwest
The grass and weeds have kicked into high gear, temps have warmed up enough I don't cringe in anticipation of a freezing blast every time I open the front door and I've got a whole list of projects now that the weather is nice. So, as every year past, this means spending a lot less time in front of the computer taking refuge from ol man winter.

Likewise, my logins here on Hearth.com are becoming a little less frequent. So I guess it's time to say bye for the summer. Like everything, the fire is fun and it sure beats winters chill, but I'm definitely ready for a long warm summer! I'll check back in from time to time. The big plan for this year is to gut the family / stove room and do a complete remodel before the blazing heat of summer sets in. So I will try and post some progress reports on that.

I'm sure I'll kick back in to 'fire mode' when the frost hits the ground next fall. Maybe we can finally put an end to those nagging questions with no answers...what IS the best way to clean stove glass? ...do I need a block-off place? ...how long does it take wood to season? ...do I REALLY need to line the chimney? and many more fun classics.

Hope everyone has a great summer.

Have a good one Cozy. And keep away from those KS whirlywinds. We are still getting some chilly nights. Had a fire last night and this morning, but let it die this pm.

Had a fire last night and it got up to 89 today. Weather whiplash here.

Have a good summer Cozy.

We were in the 80's for a couple days, with relatively mild overnights. Took all the bricks out of the Century, pulled the top 18" section of Class A & cap, swept. Waiting for bricks. Of course, then we went down into the 20's overnight and my shop's freezing and I can't fire up the stove. Live & learn, I guess. Cozy, have a great summer. I'll try and do the same...whenever it decides to arrive. Rick

Had a fire night before last and now it is 91 degrees outside. Breaking the record of 82 set on this day last year. Supposed to be in the 90's until Thursday when the rain returns.

I guess we had our own version of what I say about North of 60 and Winter. We had Winter, Thursday and then Summer. We only average mid 80 highs in July!

I won't say good bye yet. Here in Michigan, the high today was 42, with cold damp rain all day. I started the wood furnace up this afternoon and will burn it this evening. The heat feels good. Welcome to our new friend from the UK! 10 months of cold would be something else we have had 7 months straight here. A few warm days this spring , but then it gets cold again.

90 something here yest and today 80 something tomorrow and 90 again tues.... but prolly wont get that high forecasters round here are usually off a little ... but yes bugs are out cooler weather is coming but looking out 15 days don't see where i will need to fire her up so i am done till the fall as well... wife is expecting in nov so i will need to get a lot done real soon thank god the wood for this fall is done ... just gotta wrap up next winters ....
good luck to all!!!

The bugs made their debut here today. I'm sure glad I got all my wood for next year done. Just in time. Although, I'm gonna miss it a bit. It's good work with instant visual reward/gratification. I'm already looking forward to fall temps. and cutting some more wood.
I love the heat from the stove but not that of Mother Nature. I might should move farther North ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.