The $2.19 wood box WITH WHEELS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
Finally decided that I needed a wood box. Lugging fish totes around is butt ass and they didnt hold much wood.

I have installed hardwood floors in every room but the kitchen/baths and living room so I had some white oak left over just hanging around in the basement.
I start piecing it together and it looks like I may be close so I lay it all out and I will have enough. Had to sister up the places where the tongue/groove was messed up with pieces cut from pallets. The bottom was nice clean planks from cribbing a machine was shipped on.

I had to break down and buy the 2X3's for the corners so that was the $2.19 cost. Glue, nails and screws I dont count as I have plenty of that stuff in the basement work shop.

Oh, the wheels. I had those on the generator but since I took them off to put REAL tires on it they were just laying around ;)

Wheel it to the front door and load it, wheel it back. It holds two HEALTHY wheelbarrow loads.
Now
Its Christmas time so it goes to the other side near a window to make room for the Christmas tree, lo and behold I can load from the window so I dont have to use the front door :)

Attachments

• Wood box.jpg
    Wood box.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 846
Now that's one good looking wood box. I'll bet it burns a hell of a lot better than a rubbermade tote if you run out of wood ;-)

Update:

Now its under the window and I can load it from outside, no dirty carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Woodbox @ window.jpg
    Woodbox @ window.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 585
Status
Not open for further replies.