The 359 hit the wood today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Put together the new Husky 359 and hit the big Oak today. Just got through one tank of gas before I had to leave. Really wanted to get a feel for the saw more than accomplish anything significant. Ran the 20 inch bar and was really happy with the ability of the saw. It must cut 4-5 times faster than the old Wild Thing, and nice and straight. Have to admit I was really concerned when I could not get it started at first. Once it was running, it started easily though. Can't wait to really hit some trees over the weekend. All my rounds are split at home, so there is room for more. Happy with the saw for sure.

Sweet. Ran a tank through mine today too. Mine was well used when I bought it and has never been an easy starter. 5-6 pulls is normal when cold and it doesn't bother me.

Mine depends on the weather, some days starts on the second pull some days 6-8 are needed. I don't worry about it too much, it always fires up eventually. Does your have a decomp button?

No pic's didnt happen!

I will snap some evidentiary pics today. Yes it does have a decomp button. It is the E-tech version with the green gas cap.

moosetrek said:
Mine depends on the weather, some days starts on the second pull some days 6-8 are needed. I don't worry about it too much, it always fires up eventually.

same here moose ;-P but great saws !!!

(old pic) the farmers son loaned out the first one and this is how it came back..plus empty :mad: ;-)

loon

DSC09045-1.jpg

mywaynow said:
Put together the new Husky 359 and hit the big Oak today. Just got through one tank of gas before I had to leave. Really wanted to get a feel for the saw more than accomplish anything significant. Ran the 20 inch bar and was really happy with the ability of the saw. It must cut 4-5 times faster than the old Wild Thing, and nice and straight. Have to admit I was really concerned when I could not get it started at first. Once it was running, it started easily though. Can't wait to really hit some trees over the weekend. All my rounds are split at home, so there is room for more. Happy with the saw for sure.

Glad you like it.

On the starting issue, probably needs a carb kit if you want it to start easier. Pump diaphram is probably aged. My 372 is the same way, but I just live with it, as it starts with one pull once warm.

moosetrek said:
Mine depends on the weather, some days starts on the second pull some days 6-8 are needed. I don't worry about it too much, it always fires up eventually. Does your have a decomp button?

Yep, has the decomp. I use it on cold starts. Not a huge difference in pull force though.

6-8 pulls is ok try a 100+ cc saw with 10+ pulls. Do Not Flood it..By the 4 th pull I move to half choke.

Pics for proof. 4 tanks of fuel this morning. Did a lot of noodle work to get the suspended portion of the Red Oak into movable pieces. See my other post in the wood shed under "my next project" to see the tree I am bucking. Pics are in 2 spots in that post, 4 pics total. So far I am up to the point in the tree where the Wild Thing is sitting in one of the pics. Going well so far.

Attachments

• tree31.jpg
    tree31.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 283
mywaynow said:
Pics for proof. 4 tanks of fuel this morning. Did a lot of noodle work to get the suspended portion of the Red Oak into movable pieces. See my other post in the wood shed under "my next project" to see the tree I am bucking. Pics are in 2 spots in that post, 4 pics total. So far I am up to the point in the tree where the Wild Thing is sitting in one of the pics. Going well so far.

Happy for ya. Its nice to have a real saw isn't it! :)

how many cc's is a 359 ?

HittinSteel said:
60'ish Jay........ that's a good sized oak!

Just dont know husy other than 372- 3120 must run as good as a 360 with his smile! :)

Saw is 59cc, 3.7 hp. I chose it over the 346xp I originally wanted due to the oil volume difference. The 346 topped out at 10, while the 359 went to 15. I wanted to be able to wield a 24 inch bar so that was important. Nice to make progress on the big Oak in reasonable time. Looking forward to hittin' it again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.