the ash snorkel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
signalsteve said:
I see all the bashers on here for the product "ashsnorkel" and some that have purchased and still bash, but it works great, right?! no problem, not really made for all you stove guys ,made to show home owners that cleaning by stove shops usually miss certain areas, as most stove guys have told me, and the talk about a patent ,you can make it yourself and sell, I can make my money either way through sales or law suit doesn't matter to me,,and to say you can make this same product for $30,,, with auto parts again please do, but if a customer contacts me and tells me they bought one from you and is having an issue with it, guess who's problem that is ?

Sounds like most on here are upset this cuts into their cleaning business , I was trying to insure users it would not but with all the bad mouthing on here I will reframe and tell them their is less cleaning to do with the snorkel and that they should be paying less for their annual cleanings,,,, cuts both ways....!!

Have a good day!

Prey tell just what cleaning business (or for that matter any stove related business) do I own. Let me tell you none. That is true of 5 of the 9 posters to this thread, there is one additional poster who also may not be, but I'm not certain.

Now, about patents I understand exactly how they work and the reasons they are granted, plus several aspects that even you might not be aware of.

Now about the need for your device, if folks clean their stove properly it isn't really needed, however it wouldn't be the first time something that wasn't really needed was purchased (sports cars, golf carts, and a zillion other things comes to mind in that category, in fact I even have some).

Now about the usefulness of it. If people have inserts and don't want to hassle with moving them just to get part of it clean then that makes the product useful for them, however even in this case there might be a question if it gets the crud off of the combustion fan blades and from between the disc they are attached to and the motor mount plate. Care to comment on that aspect of the proper cleaning of the stove?

signalsteve said:
I have had this product hooked up to my pellet stove for going on 3 years now,it does: keep clean, the flubox,exhaust fan blades and part of my flue pipe.
I understand full cleaning of the stove ,I just did mine in the fall, first time in 5 years at 3 ton burn per year, the worse of it was the blower fan, other than that it was minimal, because where this product connects to if the air draft is closed it will also clean up to that point, also on complete flue cleaning : vacuum can be hooked to snorkel, and entire flue can be brushed down as vacuum runs cleaning all of the flu, as for "T' mounted it will clean the "bottom of the "T" which is usually missed with normal cleaning,unless the "T" cup is removed,( messy ) as for the entire system it is a real time saver if you are to install either snorkel insert or freestanding ( T) and also install "Floor Snorkel"

I have to laugh I stumbled onto this site and found a guy that bought the products installed them said his customers love it,and still felt to bash, me and the idea, He now is no longer a customer of ours,,,I hope he doesn't have other customers wanting this product now,!

Well you keep right on laughing and do a search on leaf blower.

I would think that sales of your product would benefit from an attitude adjustment by you Steve, regardless of what others are typing about it here? You just scratched a wealth of potential cusotmers here, and due to your posted responses I think your credibility is wounded. Lastly, I know it is a public forum here, but you may want to run your responses through a spell checker before posting when representing a company, spelling and grammer errors make you look bad imho. Good luck, bash away.

GotzTheHotz said:
I would think that sales of your product would benefit from an attitude adjustment by you Steve, regardless of what others are typing about it here? You just scratched a wealth of potential cusotmers here, and due to your posted responses I think your credibility is wounded. Lastly, I know it is a public forum here, but you may want to run your responses through a spell checker before posting when representing a company, spelling and grammer errors make you look bad imho. Good luck, bash away.

Yes, it seems "steve" has a very thin skin, as he saw fit to send me a private email complaining about my preference for using the LintEater. I never made any "remarks" about his product. I just happen to have a method other than his that I prefer....guess he doesn't like that.

Here's the email I got:

"some people really like it over 60 sold in less than a month, its always
those that don't understand that have the remarks................stick with
your dryer brush and good luck!"

And now I WILL bash........ I'm certain the LintEater works better.

Slickplant? Pook? What was the inspector guy's name? Or that other guy....um oh, jeez my memory fails me, been here too long!

Geez, Maybe Steve stoled his Idea from Selkirk? Just add a hose! I had this setup on my Quad over 10 years ago!

Might be OK on an insert, But I don't see the point on a FS stove with a clean out tee! Waste of money IMO!

Attachments

• 5SE-3VP-VCC-xlg.jpg
    5SE-3VP-VCC-xlg.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 364
Well, even IF I was thinking about getting one of those snorkle things, I sure wouldn't now!! Like ya'll I don't care for his attitude.

macman, I've got the "sooteater" and it works the same as the Linteater and is super easy!! Does a great job.

twojrts said:
Well, even IF I was thinking about getting one of those snorkle things, I sure wouldn't now!! Like ya'll I don't care for his attitude.

macman, I've got the "sooteater" and it works the same as the Linteater and is super easy!! Does a great job.

Yep, that is nice! Only advantage the LintEater has over those two models is that it has the adapter to fit the end of the pipe and hook a vacuum to while you clean.....that's why I ended-up getting the LintEater.

OK, enough is enough. I've now received a second private email from "signalsteve", AKA "I don't know who I'm sending nasty emails to":

"Whatever.........then what a pressure washer to wash the side of the house off??"

Now, I'm guessing he's talking about using a leafblower, but who knows. As far as I can remember, I never said one word about leafblowers in this thread.

Signalsteve, as I mentioned in the return email (but you didn't answer...GOOD!)....did you forget your meds today?

AWESOME! I'm BANNED! He posted on my personal facebook page saying he isn't going to sell to me or my company. I got an email saying that he was going to sue me. That ought to make him rich! That's nice. Sue the small time stove guy who actually bought product from you.

This is the the number one place in the world for you and you're acting like an idiot. Contribute, have fun, loosen up, get some thicker skin...gosh, I actually defended you in thread #4. I actually think it's kinda cool.

You have no idea how many people I stand in front of and could sell these things.....forget it. My plan was to pitch it to my 51 or 2 insert customers with summer set ups. You're dead to me after this thread.

I have a team of Chinese in my garage hard at work right now reverse engineering your product; I'll pitch it to Simpson.

Oh, well, Hearth.com can be a cold water bath for newcomers sometimes!
I regularly have had people scream at me - like that Fitchburg pellet dude and the other pellet dude from CT who ended up arrested for ripping people off, etc.......

Marketing is a very important thing. If Steve Jobs got on here and told us we were all vermin, he'd probably lose some ipad sales.......

Now.....I'll have to figure out what this invention is all about....didn't do that yet. Heck, I invented chimney extensions yet have found lots of people extending their chimneys in similar ways.

I have great respect for IP. At the same time, marketing ends up being more important in the game of sales. As we like to say in our inventors club "Patent litigation is the sport of kings" (if you think the patent cost money, wait until you pay for legions of attorneys to defend it)......

In fact, I have started talking some inventors OUT of getting patents....rather having them concentrate on other things.

Anyway, we would be interested in a patent number for our own education if nothing else. Mine is :
http://news.google.com/patents/about?id=DUB3AAAAEBAJ

Oh, and it is for sale or license along with lots of samples, customers and other stuff. Anyone desiring to work hard and become a millionaire, please PM me. (no kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.