The Ash Trap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frog, A couple of thoughts: your Oslo has a built in ash-pan. Using this after-market ash-trap won't prevent the bulk of ashes dropping down into the ash-pan and you will still be faced with emptying that. I know it is a dusty job, but even with this gadget you'll still have to do it periodically. If the ash-pan is emptied while the stove is burning, I find the draft sucks most of the airborne ash right back into the ash chamber and up into the firebox. Also, although I've been accused of being a fuddy-duddy when it comes to endorsing new toys, the ash-trap might end up as just another feel-good accessory that you will have to keep track of. :down:

Sometimes it's just plain hard to be so damn Old-School! %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.