The ball is finally rolling...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
My amazing, incredible, unbelievable wife finally got the permit for me (guess who's typing?). I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to do it myself. I've got the core driller coming Friday to drill the hole in the foundation. The chimney sweep comes next week to put in the chimney and hook up the stove. After that it's just inspection. I can't wait to start using the new stove.

Yeeeeeeeeehaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

I got my stove installed this time last year, it's like an early Christmas :)

Congrats. You will love the Quadrafire. I have run my Isle Royal for quite awhile (this season will be number 6). And each year I fall a little more head over heals for burning wood. Each year gets better and easier. Its funny how ya just keep on learning little tricks that makes the wood burning lifestyle more fun.

Thanks guys!!!!! And yes it is a basement install Vintage 181.
Vin hows the new boots?
MSG I'll be doing something for her or my A will be in a sling!!!!!!

Earth,

Our mansfield is in the basement also..Really only made one addition..the previous owner really did a good job with insulation and how they set the place up..

THe boots, not wearing them when i cut the grass any more..12 inches high and black with shorts on...they are comfy...couple weeks back helped to clear a lot for a friends house...before i started walked through a little mountain stream, worked for 2 hours went through again..After we finished his Mrs brought a 12 pack of Alexander Keiths Pale Ale,, from somewhere in Canada, Nova Scotia maybe, sitting on a couple logs/stumps enjoying the frosties, dogs running around nice breeze,,"cross between chevy/bob seger//miller high life "If you've got the time we got the beer" commercials.

he says to me those are some pair of boots..He used to work way up in northern Quebec planting trees after they would make those huge cuts...C-17 mosquitoes..

The chippawas and redwings are good/high quality boots but these are in another category...separate the goats from the sheep!

The basement is unfinshed, I know I'll lose some heat there. We will finsh it sooner or later.
Good to hear about the boots.

earthharvester said:
The basement is unfinshed, I know I'll lose some heat there. We will finsh it sooner or later.
Good to hear about the boots.

Earth – Just curious on how you’re planning get the heat from the unfinished basement upstairs? Do you have open vents between the floors?

mMy basement isn't that big and the stairs are very close to the stove. I have ceiling fans in the kitchen and living room to move the air around.

Status
Not open for further replies.