The barn is silent and empty.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we are planning to rent the fields out for this growing season, while it's in probate, to help pay the taxes. Sadly, nothing will be kept, everything will be sold. My cousin had no will and the closest relatives are first cousins. There will really be no way to keep the farm together because there are a total of 27 heirs! Out of those 27 heirs, I am the only one that has ever had any interest in the farm and cows.

Sorry to hear about the ending of an era for you & your family Quads. Seeing a family farm lost is a very sad thing; much more sad if you're one who's lived on the land, & that's about all I can say about that.
For what is its worth I think you have the a great attitude here & I applaude you for it. No sense in fighting if you won't end-up any better off if you win. When family fights, no-one ever really wins anyways... You sound solid in where you're at & what you believe. Let the 27 cousins fight over the scraps, dreaming of striking it rich from 1/27'th of an old dairy farm. The only real value it has they'll never understand anyhow. That's a game for the confused and the greedy.
Best of luck in your sorta-retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.