The benefits of having an infant and a fireplace....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick06

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
media, pa
We had our first kid, a little girl, 2 months ago. Its been quite a learning experience, as most of you know. Right now my wife is nursing the baby, and its certainly a pretty challenging chore. But we have found a benefit!

In the winter, when she gets up in the middle of the night to feed our daughter, she can reload the fireplace

haha, well, at least we found a humorous benefit! I felt obligated to share...

Congratulations on the new baby!! That's fantastic. Your little one will be warm this winter, I'm sure.

Congrats, my daughter is in her second year of college. It doesn't ever, and I mean ever, get any easier than it is right now. If you are anything like me that little bundle of joy will always be your little girl, even when she is a young woman.

Shawn

Your daughter will love the stove. My son did. Went right to sleep on his mat in the nice toasty living room courtesy of Pacific Energy.

My daughter will be 27 at the end of October, and is expecting her first child in early November. Don't blink. Rick

So true Rick, so true. Our oldest is moving into his first apt. on his own next week. Youngest graduated from college last June. And I'm having trouble recognizing that geezer in the mirror.

It really seems like just a couple of years ago (14,to be exact) that my son was born....now he's a teenager....and makin' me CRAZY! I'm going to get a chance to do it all over again....baby due in February! God help me! Congrats, Maverick.... "the days are long, but the years are short." Enjoy. :)

Hmmm . . . just trying to think of how that would have gone over . . . "Hey, while you're up with the kid in the night, throw another log on the fire . . . " :ahhh:

Congratulations! It'll be no time at all before your lil' girl will be coming on wood-cutting trips with you. A world of joy awaits!

I'd have to agree with snoleopard. That probably would't go over well at my house. It would be more like my wife saying there's milk in the frige when the baby wakes and don't let it get cold in here.

haha, well thank all for the well wishes!

I usually burn a little over 2 cords, this year I ordered 4 because I have a sneaking suspicion that the house will be kept a good bit warmer, I also have her bedroom open which usually was shut, so I have a little more square feet to heat.

We will see how the "toss another log on the fire while you are up" goes.... My wife does do a great job tending the fire while I am at work... but there is a big difference between doing it in the day... and in the middle of the night.... haha

And yes, she was born at Riddle Memorial. A whole 8 min from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.