The Best Chains??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Chainsaw chain.
I've always had Oregon, but have looked at Carolton and others. Just curious as to wether anyone has one they swear by. I know Bailys carries several brands.

Stihl . I like the extra hardness of Stihl chain. I'm a full chisel , hard chain kinda guy .

Oregon or Sthil are the best hands down. And I have run them all. But thats my opinion.

Looks like I will stick with the Oregon chain or the Husqvarna. (I know they make it for Husky anyway.) It is really what is the cheapest when I need it. I've been curious about the chains that Baileys is marketing as the best chain. It is alot cheaper. Has anyone had any experience with this saw chain?

If it's the woodsman pro brand you'r talking about, It works pretty good. It's close to Oregon.JMO.

We tried a couple hundred feet of it at work. It worked good. You'll be alright with it.

I replaced the original Oregon chain from my Husky 136 with an Stihl. Stihl cuts a lot faster and the saw struggles less. Important for a saw that small.

I use a Stihl full Chisel.

(Can't forget the MaxiPad in the sawcase!)

NW Fuels said:
Stihl full chisel skip tooth lowered rakes.
Thomas
Skip tooth ? how big a wood ya cutting there ? I normally dount use a skip tooth until i whip out a 36" - 42" bar in real hard wood.

NW Fuels said:
Alot of our Maple is 2-3 foot across. 28" bars. We have been ordering rolls of it for 29 years now. Never thought of changing.
Thomas
Yeah ........ Thats a good call.

I just get what is available at Walmart, use my chians until they are dull, then just buy a new one, my wild thing runs just fine that way for me.

I love my wild thing, that is the best saw ever made!!! I have no idea why you would ever need a saw bigger than this beast of a saw!!!

Yogi said:
I love my wild thing, that is the best saw ever made!!! I have no idea why you would ever need a saw bigger than this beast of a saw!!!
Well there ya go ......My gift to you ! You can have my picture for your Avatar . Welcome to the tribe.

Well thank you for the warm welcome Roo, and the avatar!!! I will use it proudly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.