The Best Chains??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get it, what is a 3120???????? Who cares how much power the wild thing has, it's too much for most people to handle, that thing is wicked powerful!! It cuts my wood just great!!!!

Yogi said:
I still don't get it, what is a 3120???????? Who cares how much power the wild thing has, it's too much for most people to handle, that thing is wicked powerful!! It cuts my wood just great!!!!

Then it is the perfect chainsaw for you.

bobo said:
Every year it is different. We remove top's after the loggers are done. We also clean up windfalls that can make for alot of firewood.

Bobo,

Cleaning tops with a 3120? You must have a set a pipes that would make Arnold go to the womens room!

Someone please, what the heck is this 3120 yo are talking about??? What does a motorcyle have to do with trimming trees???

I have many saws.The 3120 and my 084 are for bucking windfalls. I like my 361 for limbing.

Yogi said:
Someone please, what the heck is this 3120 yo are talking about??? What does a motorcyle have to do with trimming trees???

It is the largest chainsaw that Husky makes.. off the top of my head believe it is around 120cc's...

A 3120 is the biggest saw Husky makes. It's not for anyone with limited chainsaw skills.

Who is husky? do they sell them at WalMart?

Vintage 181 said:
Yogi said:

It is the largest chainsaw that Husky makes.. off the top of my head believe it is around 120cc's...
You beat me to it.

Vintage 181 said:
Bobo,

Cleaning tops with a 3120? You must have a set a pipes that would make Arnold go to the womens room!

He would have gotten a Wild Thing but he didn't want to be accused of showing off by the loggers.

119cc's? WOW that is big!!! I just thought they made motorcyles that large!!! I had no idea they had anything, or needed anything bigger than a wild thing!!! That is nuts!!! Do you have to have special license to purchase one?

Husky is shortfor Husqvarna. one of the biggest chain saw markers in the world.

Vintage 181 said:
Yogi said:

120CC's? Whoa! My KTM125 race bike made 34hp at 11,500 in race trim.

I may be man enough to operate that saw, but I assure you I do not have the skill. And thats important.

We use a couple of 3120s at work. Most of us prefer 395s. Thire a little easier to toss around.

earthharvester said:
Husky is shortfor Husqvarna. one of the biggest chain saw markers in the world.

I may to search to see if I have dealer like that around here!!! Do they sell anything smaller than the 3120 that isn't that large? The wood I cut has a stringy bark that comes of in buig chunks and the wood is real stringy when I split it. I thought about taking some of the larger trees, around 48" across, but never knew I could find a bigger saw!!! I may have to look for something bigger! Are there any other saws out there I might want to look at?

I never had good luck with the 395 I had. Had bearing trouble and switched over to the MS 660 and never looked back.

Ok, I am seeing there is a lot of info here, so bobo, what is MS 660?

Stihl? I think I have heard of them, they have the tv show with the saws and stuff? I didn't know they actually sold them to real people, I thought that was just for companies, do they acually have dealers that will sell this stuff to individuals?

Yogi said:
Stihl? I think I have heard of them, they have the tv show with the saws and stuff? I didn't know they actually sold them to real people, I thought that was just for companies, do they acually have dealers that will sell this stuff to individuals?

ACE Hardware carries Stihl's consumer saws like you would be looking for.

BrotherBart said:
Yogi said:

ACE Hardware carries Stihl's consumer saws like you would be looking for.

Is that going to be like the timber saws I see on tv, or something else? Will that let me take down a tree 48" across? Do you have a better recomantation for me than the wild thing?

bobo said:
I never had good luck with the 395 I had. Had bearing trouble and switched over to the MS 660 and never looked back.
The only trouble we have with our 394s and395s is with the mufflers. the ms660 is a great saw, I have used them before.

I like both brands . The inboard clutch is nice if you run a long bar. Never had the chance to pilot a wildthing.I might have to buy one for fun.

bobo said:
I like both brands . The inboard clutch is nice if you run a long bar. Never had the chance to pilot a wildthing.I might have to buy one for fun.

I'm all set with the wild thing. I'll stick with my Huskys and Sthils.

Status
Not open for further replies.