The Big Beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodfarmer1

Nov 10, 2013
Bowmanville, On,Can
last couple days of pulling logs before the snow melts, a foot of snow and temperatures from 10 down to 0.
Case IH 5230 90hp and Farmi 501 winch. Using stihl 066, jonsered 2171 and 2159, couldn't have better weather.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 319
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 323
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 316
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 315
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 305
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 298
Very nice. Not much going to stop you with that setup.

pen

i started in 2000 with a jd 3130 80 hp two wheel drive but upgraded to the case in 02 as the mfwd helps alot when things get snowy, couldn't even guess how many cord i've pulled

i started in 2000 with a jd 3130 80 hp two wheel drive but upgraded to the case in 02 as the mfwd helps alot when things get snowy, couldn't even guess how many cord i've pulled
Same winch? Those farmi's are slick as owl chit.

Reactions: billdiesel
Sure wish we had some nice beech like that. You are right too; get them before the snow melts!

Was that your family dog in picture 4? ;lol

I forgot to mention the coyote was watching me pull a hitch up out of the bush just over 100 ' away, he wasn't too concerned.
Yes it's the same winch I've always had.

Definitely not your first clamsteam.
I saw those winches at a farm show in Syracuse, and a friend of mine has one but his is a New Holland knock off. Very nice.
Were those all deadfall trees in your pics or did you cut them down?
Nice photos.

All standing dead, we're losing a lot of our beech and maple trees to some blight, I have to get the forester in soon to take a look

Very nice! Those are some clean looking beech splits. My beech was pretty rough to split !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.