The Bride chewed my butt the other day for pulling out our stoves ***9-15-11 pics***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sunday I got up early and my ADHD kicked in. Since I had the install van in the drive way I decided to do some work. So I removed the Pacific Energy Super-27 wood stove and chimney from the dinning room and the Breckwell P-24 from the front room. When she woke up at the crack of noon she saw that the temp was to drop into the 50's that night. She got pissed that I removed both stoves. After informing her the water pipes and children will not freeze in the 50 degree temp she still was not happy. It remained 68 during the daytime.

This made her have to come to the store and decide what pellet stove was going into the front room, She liked the QuadraFire Castil but the QuadraFire Mt Vernon in Sienna Bronze won. I already picked the Harman Oakwood for the Dinning room with new Dura Tech HT pipe and Close Clearance connector pipe inside.

Now all I have to do is get ready to throw out my back installing the two light weight units.

Eric

Uncle Eric, don't forget to post pics after your butt heals.

imacman said:

Why do you want to see pics of my butt? Lets keep this a family site. I get $19.95 a month on my other site that live feeds me sitting behind my desk in my banana hammock.

Eric

Looking forward to hearing your comparison of the past and new stoves Eric. Keep us posted in both the pellet and the hearth forums.

BeGreen said:
Looking forward to hearing your comparison of the past and new stoves Eric. Keep us posted in both the pellet and the hearth forums.

I will. I had the Super-27 since 2002 and it is a very well made and functional unit. Other than bricks and a door gasket that is it for replacement parts. Running it alone did about 60-70% of our whole house heating, 2,500 sqft. The main reason I am swaping it out was the tax credit (2010) and styling.

The P-24 Breckwell is an ok unit but not worth the retail price Breckwell charges compared to Heatilator, Harman and QuadraFire units. I burned the P-24 for three years and had to replace two combustion blowers, one distribution blower, and an auger motor. I have also had to use 1/2 a tube of high heat silicone resealing the pedestal. This is one of the many reasons I will not sell Breckwell units and longer. The other is how they changed their warranty in the last year. I hate making negative comments on a product line unless I have a valid reason and I have that with Breckwell. I hope US Stove Company does a 180 degree turn with them but they have burned my bridge.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
imacman said:

Why do you want to see pics of my butt? Lets keep this a family site. I get $19.95 a month on my other site that live feeds me sitting behind my desk in my banana hammock.

Eric

Boy, I left myself open for that one, huh........ %-P

Mt Vernon is arriving today. If I was not 6'6" I would be pointing up and yelling, "De Plane, De Plane, Boss!".

Eric

Well, nothin' like just divin' in head first and gittin' 'er done. Hope yer butt heals up soon...I've no interest in pics of that detail. Butt maybe some pics of the new appliances, eh? Rick

The QuadraFire Mt Vernon is in and burned last night for about 45 minutes. The blowers are whisper-quiet.

Eric

Attachments

• Quad Mt Vernon35.jpg
    Quad Mt Vernon35.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 579
  • Quad Mt Vernon 2 35.jpg
    Quad Mt Vernon 2 35.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 544
kinsman stoves said:
imacman said:
I get $19.95 a month on my other site that live feeds me sitting behind my desk in my banana hammock.

Eric

I thought it was called a grape smuggler........sorry, couldn't resist.

Harman Lover 007 said:
kinsman stoves said:
imacman said:
I get $19.95 a month on my other site that live feeds me sitting behind my desk in my banana hammock.

Eric

Guess it all depends on how God and your parents treated you.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
kinsman stoves said:
imacman said:

Eric

Guess it all depends on how God and your parents treated you.

Eric

Touche`

I can say after running 1/2 a bag of pellets through the Mt. Vernon last night the blower sound is not even heard till the stove goes into a high temp mode. My Breckwell was so loud we had to turn up the tv to listen to it as the Breckwell was on #1. I could also hear the Breckwell running in my bedroom. Even with the Mt. Vernon running on high I can not hear it in my bedroom, over 60' away from the stove on the same floor.

Awesome

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.