The busy stove summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyPellets

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2012
Delaware
The P61A was installed before last season and replaced a St Croix. Nothing was up to code. The house is a 100yrs old and there is a damn window on every nook and cranny of every room. To be nearly legal where it was installed two of the 3 windows were caulked shut and non operating. You can see the size of these windows even with the old blue blanket covering them. All legal now just have to clean her and reinstall the oak.

Attachments

• OldWIndows.jpg
    OldWIndows.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Window1.jpg
    Window1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Window2.jpg
    Window2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Window3.jpg
    Window3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: bogieb
An investment in insulated drapes will make a difference too. I was amazed at the difference when we put them up over the shears.
Install looks good.

Reactions: bogieb
That is just her summer drape setup. I have a wife that when you leave for a few hours and come back home she has rearranged the furniture and repainted. I came home one day and the wall between the dining room and kitchen was half gone. Of course I had to finish it.

She forgot the cookies in the oven and burnt the wall down?:)

An investment in insulated drapes will make a difference too. I was amazed at the difference when we put them up over the shears.
Install looks good.

and I'm amazed that every day my wife opens up the insulated drapes or raises the insulated blinds to "let in the light" from the dark cold side of the house.

That is just her summer drape setup. I have a wife that when you leave for a few hours and come back home she has rearranged the furniture and repainted. I came home one day and the wall between the dining room and kitchen was half gone. Of course I had to finish it.
Did my second ex-wife end up with you ?? Hey, I'm sorry, man, she had to go somewhere .................

Sounds like my kind of lady! Can I borrow her for a while?

Reactions: twodogs02
Status
Not open for further replies.