The christmas giving thread proposal.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
So over on AS, this guy named Brad (if you hang out there, then you know who I'm talking about right away) started a thread, that aparently is something they do yearly? Well, I never noticed it before, but this sort of thing is right up Craig's alley and fits well with the type of people here as well.

You post something, ANYTHING, that you would be willing to ship off to another forum member who would then pay for the shipping of said item. Most of it is first come, and generally people are bowing out once they have received one item, though some guys are so excited over a new item, maybe a hard-to-find saw part that they need, that others are making exceptions and giving up something they were just told would be mailed shortly. Anyway, you get the idea, it's really a positive giving attitude.

We all have stuff lying around that we know would be useful, but we just don't have a use for it right now. Over there people are offering up orphaned bars, pistons, coils, gas tanks, syrup lollipops, belt buckles, you name it, it's over there. I've even got a Skil 1616 chainsaw headed my way!

Anyway, this thing started about 11/18 and is up to 60 pages already with no signs of slowing down. I don't have something to offer yet, but I'm digging through stuff in search. Is this something we'd like to try? It just struck me as a very Hearth.com type of thing, so when I saw the thread over there I knew I had to come say something about it to you all.

What do you think?

Might be okay for some folks. Probably most have something they could share. Shipping might be a bear though.

Backwoods Savage said:
Might be okay for some folks. Probably most have something they could share. Shipping might be a bear though.
That shipping thing gets ya every time.

I'm already sending Hoss either the clap or anthrax in a box. Shipping's on me.

A parenting forum that I belonged to for many years used to run a swap about once a month with great success, though I never was involved except when we did a book swap.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

A parenting forum that I belonged to for many years used to run a swap about once a month with great success, though I never was involved except when we did a book swap.

Git 'em, K :lol:

Whew. It is a relief that Hoss is the one who is gonna be the one receiving the clap from a school teacher. BTDT.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Every year, same old thing..........

hossthehermit said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Ya sure hoss, Last I knew it took having sex to get the clap! K is pretty too! ;-)

We do this in one of the fishing forums. Neat to get stuff from peeps we never get a chance to meet. There is a dollar lmit so all is fair.

j-takeman said:
hossthehermit said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Ya sure hoss, Last I knew it took having sex to get the clap! K is pretty too! ;-)

We do this in one of the fishing forums. Neat to get stuff from peeps we never get a chance to meet. There is a dollar lmit so all is fair.

I don't know why I made her list, anyway ........

j-takeman said:
Looks like I'm on K's list now! :red:

Nah, flattery will get the foot in the door. Watch it though...I've been known to slam a few.

Lol, this didn't go in the direction I thought it would...

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
j-takeman said:
Looks like I'm on K's list now! :red:

Nah, flattery will get the foot in the door. Watch it though...I've been known to slam a few.

;-) I see you fixed the post, It was meant for hoss not me. My mistake. Whew! :red:

Sending the clap to hoss was a funny one K. But typing the other thing, you might be getting a visit from B.B. sooner or later. :lol: And I don't mean BrotherBart. :lol: Just sayin!

Gasifier said:
Sending the clap to hoss was a funny one K. But typing the other thing, you might be getting a visit from B.B. sooner or later. :lol: And I don't mean BrotherBart. :lol: Just sayin!

I found it very hurtful, personally, since I felt it was totally undeserved.

But funny nonetheless.

I've got a 20 year old step son that I'll ship.

j-takeman said:
Can we delay it a bit?

I'm sure I'll have something to regift. ;-)
Oh, I like that! A Christmas regift thread, or an exchange thread where we trade some things we weren't excited to get!

Status
Not open for further replies.