The competition....wood hoarders.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bster13

Minister of Fire
Feb 24, 2012
CT
Ok, so they are hoarding so they can sell, but this was my ride home today:

946944_886001623656_506353272_n.jpg

999600_886001628646_461459742_n.jpg

946944_886001618666_763490546_n.jpg

1098358_886001608686_281321038_n.jpg

1239466_886001613676_80875653_n.jpg

Thats a whole lot of stacking. I hate to see the moisture content down in the middle there. As more and more woodburners buy epa stoves, the less and less customers these wood dealers will have, unless they learn to live and let dry:)

:eek:

Reactions: ScotO
I am always envious of how high and straight they can pile them.. What gives?

Reactions: n3pro
I am always envious of how high and straight they can pile them.. What gives?
Ya mine would be falling over at less than half that height.
But maybe they use the inside pile to brace it as they go higher

I hope they dont fall on anyone:eek:

Not enough cherry in there though ,,,it may not be his.. IDK..;)

Reactions: ScotO
I appreciate the kind words guys.....I've worked hard to get ahead and such. But there IS on major difference between the Guy's stacks shown in the first post and mine......mine AIN'T FOR SALE!!;)

BTW that is a FRIGGIN HUGE pile of wood there!

Thats a whole lot of stacking. I hate to see the moisture content down in the middle there. As more and more woodburners buy epa stoves, the less and less customers these wood dealers will have, unless they learn to live and let dry:)

I whish that where true, but I have a feeling most folks will just keep doing what they do, smoulder them then post online how "them newfangled fancy stoves' dont heat as well as their old dragon...

Maybe if we get lucky come here to complain then we can 'school 'em.

Ok, so they are hoarding so they can sell, but this was my ride home today:
Looks like a place on Rt. 7 in Ridgefield, Ct ????......

Reactions: CTFIRE
Reactions: CTFIRE
I'm thinking they"ll be selling that wood as "seasoned".

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I saw a couple of those stacks last month on a ride from New Cannon to Reading. Quite impressive! I was running late and didn't have time to stop and take pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.