The "DREADED SMELL"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trktrd

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2010
Arkansas
I'm sure most of us have smelled it before, an overfired out of control stove on the verge of meltdown. Sitting here in my man-cave hanging with you guys, here it comes wafting down the hallway and into my terrified nose. I ran to the stove - all is well, temps at a textbook cruise. Out to the front yard to see if there are fireworks coming out of the chimney (even though I just cleaned it yesterday). Nothing there. Back inside follow my nose to the steamer pot on top of the stove. It was getting a little nasty so my wife cleaned it up real good and seasoned the cast iron pot with canola oil like she does her cast pots and pans. She refilled with only water and didn't add the usual smelly stuff she puts in there. Long story short, she unwittingly discovered the recipe for a heart attack.

Trktrd said:
I'm sure most of us have smelled it before, an overfired out of control stove on the verge of meltdown. Sitting here in my man-cave hanging with you guys, here it comes wafting down the hallway and into my terrified nose. I ran to the stove - all is well, temps at a textbook cruise. Out to the front yard to see if there are fireworks coming out of the chimney (even though I just cleaned it yesterday). Nothing there. Back inside follow my nose to the steamer pot on top of the stove. It was getting a little nasty so my wife cleaned it up real good and seasoned the cast iron pot with canola oil like she does her cast pots and pans. She refilled with only water and didn't add the usual smelly stuff she puts in there. Long story short, she unwittingly discovered the recipe for a heart attack.

What, you don't like the smell of boiling canola? Lol...

stejus said:
Trktrd said:

What, you don't like the smell of boiling canola? Lol...
Hell NO

Yea but did you clean your shorts before you posted this? LOL.

And your point is????

;-)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA did you check your pants? In all honesty that is scary stuff I am glad you are ok though!

Pete

"Recipe for a heart attack" BA HA HA HA HA............... btw, I need another keyboard, my drink that I spit all over this one is gonna kill it. A C

No doubt about it, when you are new there are many things that will throw a scare into you and it definitely is stressful at the time. Later you can laugh about it.

Pants?? It was too hot in the house for pants.

Trktrd said:
Pants?? It was too hot in the house for pants.

And you're point is??????

The "DREADED SMELL"

Status
Not open for further replies.