The dry summer of 2012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
So much for the drought. We were way above average rainfall for July and then today we got over 5" of rain. Rather than dust, we now have mud.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
I am playing in the mud too ;) I have to get my fill before it dries out again.

Pete

Reactions: PapaDave
We had a nice soft rain today which we needed, 5 inches of rain would put the brook at some nice levels. !!!
zap

I'm hoping it stays dry here so there is no mud in the woods this fall.

We had that Derecho June 29 and it has been thunder and lightning daily since then. Even when the rain squeaks past us the storm show is around. For two months they came from the Northwest and now they have started coming from the Southwest.

Wish they would quit for a few days before the first hurricane cranks up. :confused:

This is how our dry spell last summer ended. Two mornings in a row, back to back 4" rainfalls from storms.
IMG_20110729_081513.jpg

Not complaining about the lack of mosquitoes, and I have saved a ton on mower gas, but an inch every day for a week would be fine. Another couple of weeks and it won't matter, but at this point some soybeans could benefit.

You are just giving everybody wood stack envy.

Reactions: DexterDay
We were blessed with another inch of rain today. Looks like it is finally done though.

Quick hitters again today, all the heavy rains went north and south of us again. Still muggy out, I can't wait until fall weather moves in.
zap

It's raining here in dc, boy nothing smells worse than a wet zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.