The early bird gets the wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Yesterday on my way to work I saw Nelson trucks trimming an overgrown roadside ROW on the edge of a corporate campus and on my way home I stopped to grab what I could which wasn't much since I happened to be driving my Toyota mini-truck. I grabbed a few of the largest rounds I could find and humped them into the bed. The Toyota is a tough little SOB but the 4 banger was really chugging in 3rd gear on the steeper grades on my way home. This morning I took the F-350 and left the house at 6:00 AM to give me enough time to cut up some of the big stuff, load it up, and change once I got to work. Here's what I got:

Maple?
maple1.jpg

The rest of the load:
maple2.jpg

The folks in my office know me pretty well by now as they don't give me funny looks anymore when I come in to work wearing Carhartt pants, boots, and I'm covered in sawdust and dirt. :)

cant see the pics

Adirondackwoodburner said:
cant see the pics

Weird-they're showing up on my screen?

silver maple on top and ash at the bottom nice score

Bottom picture is all ash except for the couple of odd ones at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.