The Eastern States Exposition (country fair) also known as "The Big E" for buying stoves,chainsaws,e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donatello

Nov 8, 2007
Connecticut
It's a huge 17 day country fair in West Springfield, Mass. Sept 12-28 that has been going on every year for the past 8 decades or so. Do I have any affiliation with "The Big E" = absolutely not... But last year my bro and I did buy my stove from a dealer there and my bro also bought his chainsaw from there. You can see a number of dealers and there models and get a "show special" price. Yup, save some money on a stove (wood or pellet), check-out chainsaws,splitters, those big outdoor wood furnaces and a tons of other cool stuff while your family stays entertained with the livestock,rides,food etc.

http://www.thebige.com/

Many of the local dealers do offer deals there - but I think you will find less of them this year because they have no stoves in stock!

I do try to go for a couple hours myself....on a weekday if possible.......actually, my current avatar is a pic of me at the BIG E selling Tarm Boilers!

Love the Big E -- Eat my way through the whole place!!
i'm going to look for a saw while I'm there this year.

May be more incentive to head up. Not that stopping at the Cambridge House in Granby, CT for some fine beer and food on the way is not enough. Going to be a long day.

Wow....I was gonna send a PM to some of ya to see if there would be any stove dealers at the BIG E, and here's a post. My wife is from that area, and we're heading to Granby on Sept 19th to visit her sister and of course we will be hittin the BIG E........I can almost taste the lobster rolls from the Maine House and clam chowder from the Mass House now....thats the one thing wrong with Michigan, no lobster rolls.............but CT, you mentioned Cambridge House....Granby.....and beer.......sounds good. One more quick one....my first visit to New England was gonna be 9-11-01 with my wife . Of course the attack changed that so we left 9-12 and had to go around Canada instead of cutting through. My fondest first memory was the beauty of the hills after we climbed Mount Baldy (?) on the edge of Granby and overlooked Westover Air Base and watched a B-52 lifting off for Afghanistan............

Yep Bravo - one of the little gems of CT is in little ol' Granby. A very fine brewpub with a great core lineup of beers and very good food. Make a stop if you can. It is over an hour drive for me and I still make it up there now and again.

It's right down the street from me! Good beer and food.
Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.