The EPA and conventional Outside Wood Boilers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my next questoin is : I have a tarm Solo installed in a heated detached garage 20 ft from my property line, piped underground to my house. Tarms are indoor units but if i read the NYS regs it appears it meets the definitions of and OWB???? Is this possible? or am I missing something. THe draft legislation does not mention gassification units.... Is that just a mistake or do people in Albany not understand the processes of OWBs and indoor Gassification units to put accurate language into a draft legislation.

lawandorder said:
So, my next questoin is : I have a tarm Solo installed in a heated detached garage 20 ft from my property line, piped underground to my house. Tarms are indoor units but if i read the NYS regs it appears it meets the definitions of and OWB???? Is this possible? or am I missing something. THe draft legislation does not mention gassification units.... Is that just a mistake or do people in Albany not understand the processes of OWBs and indoor Gassification units to put accurate language into a draft legislation.

I would expect that it is a case of lack of knowledge on the part of the gov't types, or a lack of caring... It is entirely possible that you might be impacted, though as others have pointed out, the odds of having a regulation enforced may be a function of how cleanly you burn - if you don't cause a problem the gov't thugs might leave you alone, but don't count on it...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.