The first big snow storm.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Montanalocal

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2014
Helena MT
The first big snow storm. I have all my wood put up, but my main worry is my fruit trees and berry bushes still in full leaf, and flattened down by the heavy wet snow and branches broken. I am just over the snow line at 5000 ft, and we really got hit.

100_1948.JPG
100_1944.JPG
100_1947.JPG
100_1946.JPG

Hopefully that put some of those wild fires out.

Reactions: CheapBassTurd
I'm jealous! We still have a daytime high of 70::F and forecast low of 60::F here in the far northern corner of Washington. Very late for summer weather, the entire summer has been unusually hot and dry. I have all the windows and doors open as I burn in my new stove and I'm still sweating.

Jealous here as well. I haven't seen snow like that in a few years...Hit 90 here in St Louis today. Very windy and sunny and no rain in a few weeks. Good for the stacks I guess!

Wow amazing, I hope your tree's recover also, I was reading the winter weather watches yesterday, they had the heavier accumulations higher than 5,000ft, I guess the storm blew in stronger than expected. Beautiful pics though, sometimes nature has a way to make you stop with "life" so you can breath her in, look at her gifts and take in all that she has to offer.

Jealous here as well. I haven't seen snow like that in a few years...Hit 90 here in St Louis today. Very windy and sunny and no rain in a few weeks. Good for the stacks I guess!

I live about 40 miles south of ya. It's been DRY here. Even Irma said forget about it and dried up before it got here.