1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

The Government shutdown had no effect........

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Rowdysdad, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Rowdysdad

Rowdysdad Member

Loc:
    The beautiful Ozarks. SW Missouri
    on my pellet delivery today. Finally got my 4 tons of Somersets that were ordered a month ago.

I had 5 bags remaining from the 1 1/2 tons that were ordered last year. I should be ready now for the heating season.

Attached Files:

briansol likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

3. Rowdysdad

Rowdysdad Member

Loc:
    Thanks! Probably not the best looking stack around but it's gonna have to do. ==c

The pellets were $197 a ton.

This is the first time I have ever paid to have pellets delivered. I was charged $50 for the 4 tons.

The delivery guy used the motorized pallet jack to place two of the pallets right where they needed to be. The other 2 pallets were placed about 5 ft away. It saved me a lot of time and sweat only having to hand stack 2 tons instead of all 4.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  4. reallyte

reallyte Member

Loc:
    Binghamton, ny
    50$ is cheap I paid 115$ for 3 ton.
  5. Rowdysdad

Rowdysdad Member

Loc:
    Yikes!!

P.S. Love your avatar.
  6. Dana B

Dana B Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. New Hampshire

Ouch! The place I buy from charges a flat rate delivery fee of $10 whether you buy 1 ton or ten, and they drop them right at my bulkhead door.
  7. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    50 for the first, + 10 for every additional is common in these parts. 4 tons = 80.

good deal.
  8. Hitch

Hitch Member

Loc:
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    If anyone is considering delivery, you might want to ask your local Lowes. My understanding is that Lowes is switching to a national rental company to manage their loaner trucks. They are in the process of switching now, so the loaners aren't available. My Lowes charges $65 for delivery. I asked if they could take anything off that and their response was free delivery. I was happily surprised!

It certainly seemed like I was not the first to ask.
  9. reallyte

reallyte Member

Loc:
    Binghamton, ny
    Ha thnx. Iv used it for ages. I need to shop around more next Yar. But prices just suck in my area.

But ya mine was 75$ first ton and 20$ per additional.
  10. stayfitz

stayfitz Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Reno, NV
    Wow! I recently paid $79 for unlimited delivery at my local Lowes... Free would have been better ;)
  11. Rowdysdad

Rowdysdad Member

Loc:
    The Local Lowes quit handling my preferred pellets which are Somersets. I had to go to a different source which is 25 miles away.