The Holz Hausen that Craigslist built.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockey

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2007
SW Ohio
Well, at least contributed to. I want to try to get this fellow about a foot or two higher. That way if the wife kicks me out of the house I'll hollow the holz out and and make it a mancave.

There are so many different species there it would be easier listing what isn't in there. I have been using Craigslist quite a bit this year and it has more than paid off. There are actually people in the area that are getting rid of seasoned wood for free. You have to act quick with those though. With the holz plus another big stack in the backyard I will soon be 2 years ahead.

Attachments

• holzhausen.jpg
    holzhausen.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 759
14' wide about 6' high. It took longer to build than I thought it would.

Holy smokes man, good job. That is quite a stack you got there. Around here in Pittsburgh area, free wood on craigs list is hard to come by. The stuff that I do see is all out around the PA Ohio border.

Status
Not open for further replies.