The Humbling of the Soupster!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Since Craig (Hearth.com owner) made a public statement, offering to send a cord of wood to our humble home, and since I just received an e-mail from a trusted local source, stating that he had a cord of wood ready to deliver (and will be delivering on Friday), .........I will respond "publically" in this Forum with the following words of thanks.

Craig, you have gone above and beyond for us here in CT, (as have others like Tom, for example, with his shipment of SuperCedars not long ago), and we are truly grateful. Hopefully in some equal way when we are back on our feet a little better, we'll be able to repay the kindness you have extended to us.

The intent of the post that prompted these responses, was not designed to be a posting that begged for assistance. It was only a commentary on the conditions we were faced with, as being shared with our "family" here in the Forum. Yet it apparently and obviously stimulated a response that was "above and beyond" in my opinion. Certainly unexpected, and certainly appreciated.

These are hard times for many in this country, in this economy, in this world, and your giving has reminded me to give to others as I have opportunity, for THEIR good.

Steve & Bette C (Soupy1957 & Spouse)
Connecticut

Classy move Craig!!! It is a great thing thing to see people helping others in time of need.

Well, it does not surprise me at all. Not with my recent situation. Craig, you have quite a place here.....so much more than it might seem at face value. Hope you are doing OK soupy

Wood Heat Stoves said:
Wow, definitely above and beyond. It's nice to read about the good things people do to help each other with all the bad news around today.

It's how we are going to have to dig out of this hole, one by one, community by community. Thanks for taking the lead Craig.

Stay well and warm Steve and Betty.

Franks said:
I am missing a cord of wood from my back 40
One and a half. I kept some for myself.

Soupy - I am not sure that I followed the original post that you speak of, so I am not overly familiar with the genesis. It sounds like a time of need and I will leave it at that.

That being said, I can assure you that this isn't the first time (and most likely not the last) that Craig has initiated kindness in one form or another to other forum members. I have seen direct donations, being the catalyst for taking donations, being the ringleader in setting up work parties and donations for various things, just to name a few. Craig, along with other members of this family have in many ways, helped others. Craig, Thomas, all the mods, and many of the regular patrons of this site HAVE made a difference to many.

I, personally, would like to thank them all.

And that Craig guy - he is all right in my book.
(just don't tell him that, I like to bust his chops too much. :) )

Well done.

pen

There are many good solid people on this forum. Just from seeing where people are up in this area, there has to be forum members in just about every other town near me.

I was looking into joining another forum, which shall remain nameless. After several hours of reading posts from members, I could not stand the standoffish(is it a word?) postings and comments. I could not be a part of it. It was good to go back to this site. Kudos to everyone for making the site friendly and helpful.

Very nice Craig, classy.

The generosity in the forum is a regular thing and people such as Craig lead by example and inspire others to do similar things.. Some donate time, others expertise, some give of their time and some do it all.. I also feel the moderators are a great bunch here and there are others who anonomously help others.. The wood burning community is indeed a very good group and one I am proud to be a part of.. Thank you Craig and all the mods and those who willingly help others here all the time expecting nothing in return.. This is the true spirit of giving!

Ray

The folks here are truly unlike any other forum that I frequent . . . a lot of good folks representing many different parts of the country, political views and differing faiths . . . all bound together by the one simple fact that we all want to stay warm and safe in the winter . . . and yet, somehow, many of us have moved beyond that one similarity and as a result this place is very unique . . . perhaps because most folks here truly care for each other and friendships are made even when many of us have never met each other.

On another note . . . from what I have seen of Craig (and others) I suspect that the good deeds he does are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg as I would guess that a lot of what he does for others is done quietly without any fanfare . . . from what I have seen of Craig he is a man to be respected.

firefighterjake said:
The folks here are truly unlike any other forum that I frequent . . . a lot of good folks representing many different parts of the country, political views and differing faiths . . . all bound together by the one simple fact that we all want to stay warm and safe in the winter . . . and yet, somehow, many of us have moved beyond that one similarity and as a result this place is very unique . . . perhaps because most folks here truly care for each other and friendships are made even when many of us have never met each other.

On another note . . . from what I have seen of Craig (and others) I suspect that the good deeds he does are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg as I would guess that a lot of what he does for others is done quietly without any fanfare . . . from what I have seen of Craig he is a man to be respected.
Firefighterjake, You have expressed my feelings exactly. Thank you....since I have a little trouble right now expressing myself because of the meds I am on. This is an incredible place with incredible people. Thanks Craig. Thanks again ffj, Steve

" . . from what I have seen of Craig he is a man to be respected."

Yup, he is. I've had the pleasure to meet him when I was 15 or so. My pops always liked him, even when he found out he was a commie hippie. Craig exhibits the kind of brotherly love that this world needs more of.

Hope ya feel good enough to toss some wood this season Soupy.

Franks said:
I am missing a cord of wood from my back 40

Good one Franks!

Thanks soupy for the great read. I know coming in here to the forum and reading and asking/giving advice is one thing, but to many folks this is a place to be with people like themeslves with the same interests. It's nice to know in tough times that people are able to step up to the plate and help well deserving people that don't ask for anything here and give of themselves on a regular basis (in this forum for example). Great story!!

Now look what ya did. You guys made me cry.

But I don't care.

Atta-boys to all of ya. This is one swell bunch...

Nancy

Craig may be a "commie hippie", but I'd be honored to buy him a dinner & drink anytime anywhere. BTW that goes for the rest of ya too. This forum is made up of some of the most decent hardworking people I haven't met face to face yet. When something goes south for a member in my neck of the woods I sure hope to be able to do a little something for them. Well done Craig, the mods, & Hearth.com in general. A C

The evidence speaks for itself

Attachments

• July Wood.jpg
    July Wood.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 208
Nice looking wood soupy. Will it be ready to burn this year and are you going to have enough to make it through this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.