The increase of the cost of catalytic converter. How can you justify 40% increase by manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
Looking at the receipt for my OEM catalytic converter for large flush Travis in 2019 and it's $250 with free shipping and no tax. Now It's $400, and i have to pay tax and shipment. This is official price at Travis dealer and every online place. Aftermarket cheaper, but not by much.
Speaking of inflation. Damn COVID and god knows what else . LOL

Product NamePart No.QuantityItem PriceTotal Price

Avalon/Lopi Catalytic Combustor​

250-024891$249.97$249.97
Subtotal:$249.97
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
Tax:$0.00

Order Total:$249.97

Lack of materials and labour x demand = rise in cost.
hopefully only for a short time and not for the long term.
Ordered a T6 in June and still has not arrived, dealer hopes
in 2 more weeks, said I placed my ordered just in time 'cause
his cost on that stove just went up 12%.
I will not get into what it cost me to fill 1 of my Chargers with 94 octane yesterday:(

My osburn 3300 stove went up 800 this year

• Wow
Reactions: Zombie
Looking at the receipt for my OEM catalytic converter for large flush Travis in 2019 and it's $250 with free shipping and no tax. Now It's $400, and i have to pay tax and shipment. This is official price at Travis dealer and every online place. Aftermarket cheaper, but not by much.
Speaking of inflation. Damn COVID and god knows what else . LOL

Is that the same big wide combustor that's in the large FPX Hybrid Fire (3.1" x 20.5" x 2")? If so, check out Midwest Hearth. They have it for $299.

Reactions: Dmitry
I
Is that the same big wide combustor that's in the large FPX Hybrid Fire (3.1" x 20.5" x 2")? If so, check out Midwest Hearth. They have it for $299.
thanks , already ordered it

Guys , sorry , I was wrong . The increase is almost 100 by manufacturer at the dealer. Here is the message transcription

“Hi Dimitri this is Marilyn with Dean stove and spa calling to let you know I do happen to have that catalyst in stock when I got a couple left but you're looking at $480 plus tax for that part if that's something you're interested in please do give us a call and let us know

This is what we are all facing on a lot of different important things in our life..The pigeon mix place that I was dealing with had to close because other places closed and the shipping became too high..Now I almost pay double for the same amount....terrible ---that price seems to me to be just outrageous but other things that we buy are just as bad as that one...we need to buckle up..clancey

I don’t expect Travis makes cats. They almost certainly buy from the manufacturer (Midwest hearth is the online store for firecat) add a markup (highway robbery) and then find a sucker to buy it. Same happens for lots of companies and a lot of products.

I can buy a 200$ cat from Midwest or spend 400$ at the BK dealer.