The install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally going to get the accentra installed today. I woke my boys up bright and early to help me lift the 400lb beast up on to its resting place...( insert teenage groan here...). So... Now I have a semi functional stove on blocks... Does that make me a redneck according to Jeff Foxworthy?...lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 195
I'm finally going to get the accentra installed today. I woke my boys up bright and early to help me lift the 400lb beast up on to its resting place...( insert teenage groan here...). So... Now I have a semi functional stove on blocks... Does that make me a redneck according to Jeff Foxworthy?...lol!

Not if you put a nice stone finish on the block, well at least your stove won't make you a redneck.

Hey, both my stoves are on blocks. The basement dweller is on cinder blocks since I was unsure if the basement gets wet in the spring (bought house late fall, put in stove that winter). My P43 is on bricks because the exhaust isn't the same height as my previous stove and I didn't want to drill more holes in the wall.

We can be rednecks together

Last edited:
scary install.JPG

Reactions: bogieb
Well I feel better knowing I'm not the only one to use concrete blocks. I got a lot done today, I just have to hook up the oak on the outside of the house and foil tape a few joints and she's all done.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.