The Left Knee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff6443

Jul 29, 2008
NJ South
Ok first year guy here , Who beside me is wearing out the left knee of every pair of pants I have . I kneel to do everything
Maybe I need a milking stool . JM

Maybe you should have built a raised hearth for your stove. Rick

Guess yer not old enough yet to plan on that. With any luck, one day you will be. Both of my stoves are on 12" raised hearths. I still have to bend over, just not as far. Rick

Between the hardwood floor and hearth, no way my knee's will take that. The only time I have to kneel is to either clean the ash or load it up chuck full. I grab a pillow that's on the couch... don't tell my wife :)

We raised ours 16" and sit on a chair while loading the stove. Works like a charm! Save those knees; you might need them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.