The Log Boiler!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backroads

Feeling the Heat
Jun 19, 2008
Small Town, RI
Just wondering if any of you guys have seen this.

The Log Boiler

It should cut way down on the cut/split time! :cheese:

I would be interested to see if they can get it EPA certified? Barring a whole lot fo technlogy, its not going to be particularly efficent.

so much for burning dry wood. It is almost imposible to dry wood in log lenght as the moisture comes out the end. I've cut oak logs that were down for ten years and the inside was almost as wet as logs cut in the winter.
leaddog

It seems like a waste - we're all getting burn times that are pretty close to that when compared with the amount of wood they're using. This is the reason environmentalists hate us!

Yes we get burn times close to that, but what BTU output are you? He's getting 10 hours at 700,000 BTU for a 15,000 sq ft greenhouse complex! Seems reasonable to me... Plus its mentioned in the video that its a gasification setup, which means it probably comes close or meets EPA requirements. I still get moisture production out of my unit using good seasoned hardwood, no matter how you split it and dry it. I like it......

Status
Not open for further replies.