The logic behind it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
My wife was starting to get really chitty at me this summer for hoarding too much wood. Then last night she turns to me and says she wanted to start using the wood heater full time this winter (as opposed to just on the weekends like previous years). you want me to stop collecting wood, but you want to burn more wood? _g

GOOD LUCK!

you want me to stop collecting wood, but you want to burn more wood?

Ummm...yeah, well - there is that. ;?

Take before and after pics of your wood piles. Maybe a simple demo of how much is actually consumed will do the trick.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Easy now - we have some members here that appear to be very logical. (yes, I took it as a joke, but some may take offense).

You expect a woman to be logical ??????????????????

Popcorn.gif

Reactions: Hills Hoard
How long til baby is due? May get more interesting the closer you get to due date ... count on sleep deprivation once baby is here and all logic is gone. Be glad you're not expecting twins!!!!!!

Sounds like you need a bigger yard or a smaller house...

We're mid remodel of a house. Great couple to work for but she's expecting baby in 4 weeks. They wanted to be their own general contractors, so things aren't really showing up on time (kitchen cabinets still two weeks out!)
Me, my helper, and her husband are all terrified of her (she's fantastic, just never know which personality you're gonna be dealing with ) ==c
Definitely one of the more interesting jobs (people wise) I've had to deal with in a while.

Good luck!

How long til baby is due? May get more interesting the closer you get to due date ... count on sleep deprivation once baby is here and all logic is gone. Be glad you're not expecting twins!!!!!!

Sounds like you need a bigger yard or a smaller house...

got about 7 weeks!...very exciting!

We're mid remodel of a house. Great couple to work for but she's expecting baby in 4 weeks. They wanted to be their own general contractors, so things aren't really showing up on time (kitchen cabinets still two weeks out!)
Me, my helper, and her husband are all terrified of her (she's fantastic, just never know which personality you're gonna be dealing with ) ==c
Definitely one of the more interesting jobs (people wise) I've had to deal with in a while.

Good luck!

thats gold......everyone tells me just to keep saying "yes dear, yes dear"....kind of hard to keep calm when you get abused for mowing the lawns though....haha...nah she is great....couldn't ask for a better mother to be

Reactions: jakeyboy
With a baby developing strongly in her body your wife may have shifting priorities. This is a huge event. Be tolerant and accepting that she may change her mind as her focus becomes the child's well being. The nesting urge is very strong now. From this POV altered decisions are logical.

My wife was adopted. You have apparently found her twin sister.

She complains about the time I spend processing wood, and other wood burning activities, but is always the first to ask when I'm going to light the stove, on a cool evening.

All part of the fun and mystery of marriage, I figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.