The Most Efficient Log Splitter Ever Designed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as the weld breaking, I was talking about those home built jobbers with the giant wheel with a wedge on it, as posted in the video earlier in the thread. I do agree that chance of equipment failure with the screw type is negligible, though plenty of stories of cars falling off jacks/blocks/stands.

I use a double bit axe for my splitting, but as far as actual energy consumed, I still think the hydro splitter is gonna use less.

"efficient" is pretty broad. you could be talking energy efficient, fuel efficient, time efficient,space efficient, money efficient.

As both yourself and Highbeam can attest to, this device is indeed one solution of many in regards to splitting firewood, and can be faster than an axe with practice. All solutions have their pros and cons, one of the cons on this thing happens to be safety. That's really undeniable. The pros are that it's small, effective, and inexpensive. The fact that you hook it to a car could be viewed as a pro or a con depending what direction you're coming from. I definitely wouldn't feel safe splitting on my dirt and gravel driveway with a DeathScrew(once Stickler goes out of business due to lawsuits like the company that made Highbeam's, maybe I'll market it with this name!) spinning while my car is sitting up on 2 x 4's and cinder blocks. Nor do I feel safe splitting with my ax when my kids are running around my processing area.

For a new guy to the forum looks like i put some life in this old thread :) For the record i have never had my truck fall off the stand nor has it ever even came close,for the life of me i cant figure out how it could if you block all the tires and use proper procedure.I have said all i need to on this subject,i just felt this subject needed the input from someone who has actually used and still splits wood with the stickler,There were just to many comments from people who "say" they heard of trucks falling off stands and "say" they heard of people being hurt.To my knowledge The stickler has been around for near 40 years so if they go down due to lawsuits as one mentioned(which by the way is not true) they sure had a long run for being so dangerous.See everyone on another topic.

Jimmy
Retired military
Proud to be American

Status
Not open for further replies.