The "my pellets made it through the hurricane" thread!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strangemainer

Sep 2, 2008
Waterboro, Maine
Just checked the shed. Its one of those "instant garages" The wind broke one of the straps but other than that, it handled the wind
like a champ. I took some time yesterday and made sure the pellets were wrapped up good and tight under a tarp.

Wouldn't want my oakies to become kitty litter!

This will be the last year I store them in that shed for sure...how's everyone else holding up?

It was horrifying!!!!!!!!!!!!! The devastation is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the little clocks in my house were blinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went outside this morning and almost stepped in a puddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HoHum. Hope everybody else made it safely.

Well -

We were driving down the interstate coming back from New Brunswick, Canada and it was raining so hard that I couldn't even read the road signs. A couple of idiots flew past me going at least 75mph. There were huge puddles on the road and I was afraid of hydroplaning, so I kept it at 60mph. A mile or so later we saw blue flashing lights and sure enough, those two vehicles were in the ditch on opposite sides of the highway with some major sheetmetal damage.

Anyway, when we got home the oakies and green teams were warm, dry and snug in the garage, right where I left them. My wife watched a big maple split in two and come crashing down in the woods just behind us. The winds were gusting 60-70 mph and our big oaks and pines were whipping back and forth like crazy. Luckily no other trees came down.

Anyway, I'm glad my pellet stove isn't contributing to all this climate change - I mean a hurricane in August?! The first one of the season to hit the US and it comes up the East coast?! I don't think we're in Kansas anymore! :roll:

EarlyMan

Status
Not open for further replies.