The new local gym.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon aloha

Feeling the Heat
1393494_547563705312583_1962612526_n.jpg

Yep all pics 291.jpg

Love it. I belong to a gym and am pretty faithful about going regularly. If I miss a few days, but split, stacked, etc. During those days, then I don't feel guilty. If the other regular cronies in there give me a hard time, I just tell them, don't worry, I haven't ben slacking. :)

At my gym, and at a lot of gyms now actually, they have a massive tire from a front end loader. It is used for a multitude of training exercises, but one of them is to whack it with a sledge hammer to simulate splitting wood.

ajurude7.jpg

Reactions: n3pro
Due various issue can't swing a mall or axe that much so swinging chainsaws and heaving rounds and splits will have to do. I get bye ok though.

Splitting and stacking is my gym too. I supplement with running a few times a week and some exercise drills my friend, who is a football coach, tortures me with!

Pushing around a double wheel wheelbarrow full of oak to stack... Priceless!

Having my annual physical last week the doc was ticking off things on the questionnaire. Asked me if I exercise. I replied that I walk briskly 900 feet to the mailbox every day and uphill back all the way. And that I cut/spit/stack and move 15,000 pounds of wood three times during the year. She looked blankly at me and I said "Put down that I play golf." and she said "OK" and wrote that down. ;lol

^^^^Haha! That's fantastic. I love it....

I work out religiously and have for 40 yrs.

During my spring and fall woodcutting seasons the maul swinging,log wrestling,tree felling,round rolling,chainsawing and wood stacking IS my workout. ( with a little jogging thrown in)

Reactions: Hickorynut
Status
Not open for further replies.