The New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoostas

Jun 1, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Our new stove (last fall). Loving it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 162
Hey thanks! We are really happy with it. The surround is made from pallet wood that we ebonized with homemade stain. Fun project. The base is plate metal, so happy with that, nice and easy to keep clean.

I wanna know how you keep that stove on the wall.......and how the heck you get it to draw smoke sideways!!
All joking aside, PapaDave straightened your picture out and your install looks fabulous!!
Do you have the clearance for that wood to be around the back of the stove like that? Just making sure you are safe, my friend.
BTW, welcome to the nuthouse. With a Hearth like that, you'll be a valued member of the site!

Now, hows bout a few pictures of your woodstacks, hmm??

Reactions: PapaDave
Haha... Ya the clearances were 4" to combustibles and had a certified installer put it in! ....and i was all over it with the IR temp gun all winter to satisfy my own paranoia.
Thanks for the compliments! I spent many an hour reading through this sites forums before installing. Great resource.
:)

That's for you Scotty Overkill. Had that burnt up by mid Feb.

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.