The numbers are in for the wood count so far.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
This had been a hot one to say the least but we all will survive. I did a tally on what is stacked now and drying. For me these are good numbers and the real cutting season hasn't started yet!! I know many of you will laugh at the small amounts that make me happy but I only burn between 2-3cord a year. I'm also running out of room, I just used some of my processing area for storage, but I know some how I will fit 2 more cord in somewhere %-P I've never been ahead before so I'm getting that warm and fuzzy feeling!!

2010/2011------2.5 cord mixed 0.5c oak-------3c total (should have some left over)

2011/2012------3c stacked now 0.5c of uglies in pallet bins these may need to sit until 2012/2013

2012/2013------none stacked but everything I score for the rest of the year goes in this category.

Good job ckarotka, it's a nice feeling being years ahead and it's a sickness when you can't stop. :coolgrin:

zap

That sounds great, I dont think anyone would laugh at being a couple years ahead. I think thats the "goal"

If we have a mild winter then you will more "ahead" If not you will be prepared

Good job ckarotka. I know exactly what you mean about that warm fuzzy feeling. I think we have enough wood to run through the 2015-2016 heating season. I feel warm and fuzzy all over!

It is a good feeling, you are really going to appreciate it come December.

I'm not sure how much we will use this year. If this year's NW weather trends continue we may be burning early. We seem to have skipped July and August and are heading into Sept weather already. Past few nights and mornings in the low 50's.

So far, we have 4 cord in the shed, a cord stacked outside, 2 cord split in a pile and about 2 cords still in big rounds. My goal is to get the pile stacked. It will be next year's wood. That will be about as far as we get this year I think.

I agree those 50 degree nights are great for sleeping. We've had several lately and love it. Looking at some of the leaves beginning to turn reminds one that fall is not too far away.

I've really been looking forward to this winter, I hate the hot weather with a passion. I still have a nice scrounge to go get if it's still there when I get a chance here in the next few weeks. It should produce about a cord or alittle less. I'm almost done with the maple the tree service dropped off, I may give him a call to see if he'll have any good hardwood drops coming up in my "hood".

The funny part is I don't live in the country, it's a blue collar street but I'm the only one with this amount of wood in the yard and my neighbors just look and scratch their heads. I love answering their unasked question with the front door propped open while they snowblow, and I'm in my gym shorts trying to let some cool fresh air in :lol:

I wish that I was as far ahead as you are. I am going to try and catch up some this weekend, as I have a couple of good size, standing dead, tree to cut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.