• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scout52

Dec 12, 2023
California
I picked up this old stove a while back for 60 bucks. Couldn't pass up the potential. I'm pretty good with fixing things. Fast forward about a year, finding a new control board and figuring out how to put the thing in my house and keep with the required separations... Works great! I'm about 350-400$ into it total (1k if you count the pipe, which I don't because I would have that expense anyway with any stove). I noticed the other day that the door gasket was leaking a bit so I got some seal rope and replaced it. However this is when I "re-discovered" the ash pan door had about a 1.5" gap at the very bottom. I did not leave it there as I was under the impression that since this stove uses a single blower for combustion and convection and "pressurizes" the burn chamber that an air wash wasn't really a thing on this one. Even so the air washes on the old stoves I thought were usually between the glass and the inside with a little slit. It wasn't where I would expect an air wash to be, let's just say that. Anyone have experience with this stove and know if there is something I'm missing there? I have the manual and it mentions nothing, leading me to think it should all just be sealed up.

Thanks!

Pics for attention.

20231130_180457.jpg 20231021_124603.jpg 20231021_124557.jpg