the old Dovetec stove, revisited...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth Edgar

Jan 27, 2013
Hello all,

I wrote in last winter to inquire about my old pellet stove which was identified as a Dovetec. I had some feed problems with the auger, which despite my best attempts to straighten it, have reared their ugly heads again. The auger jammed hard enough to shear the drive shaft on the feed motor. No problem - made a new one. the problem is the auger itself - it has a kink in the shaft and I cannot get it straight. I want to find or make a new one. Are there any makers of auger flights out there that can make something smaller than an agricultural size? I need one of 2.25" OD with 1 5/8" pitch fitting on a 5/8" shaft 40" long. the auger is two-way feeding from a hopper on each side of the stove. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I guess I could buy a new stove but where's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.