The Outlook Isn't Brilliant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ISO new england issue isnt il price, its that new england shut down a lot of coal plant and are running natural gas plants harder, unfortunately, the pipelines serving the region are maxed out so the ceap natural gas plants cant keep up. When that happens more expensive power or natural gas have to get shifted into the market raising the rates.

The ISO new england issue isnt il price, its that new england shut down a lot of coal plant and are running natural gas plants harder, unfortunately, the pipelines serving the region are maxed out so the ceap natural gas plants cant keep up. When that happens more expensive power or natural gas have to get shifted into the market raising the rates.

Exactly. The natural gas price is normally in the single digits per MMBtu and now it's spiked to $30+/MMBtu. Now we have 1200 MW of oil plants online as oil prices at $20 to $25 per MMBtu are lower than nat gas. The forcast last week was for natural gas prices to return to normal but it doesn't appear that has happened.
If electric rates remain 5 times higher than normal, there will be a lot of businesses shutting down.

I saw $3.89 in CT this morning.

Up another dime this morning. Was 2.95 Sunday before last, now 3.49. Spring driving season still three months away and unemployment went up. Will probably put a dent in my summer business.

Supposedly the economy had a big boost last spring because we did not have to pay so much for heating. Made sense to me as it saved me over $300 easy.(more like 600) What is this springs outlook with fuels already high and a cold winter eating everbodies budget? When it warms up this weekend I will fire up the 1ton and get next seasons fuel.

was 3.49 on sunday when i filled up. today is 3.89.

and my car only takes premium :( so its like 4.25 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.