The perfect burn pot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge

Nov 22, 2008
Eastern Pa.
What does the perfect fire look like, I can't keep my burn pot from filling up. My Big E Home Heater was professionally installed about 2 months ago. I have burned about half a ton of pellets so far. I just vacummed the fire box out last night and still woke up to an overfilled burn pot. The glass pretty much stays clean and the fire looks good when it is burning, I keep the damper open almost all the way depending on the settings, I use 2,3,or4. I read were people run these stoves 24/7 and I can’t keep mine running 24hrs. without shutting it down and cleaning it out. The stove is direct vented using 3 inch pipe. I do not have an OAK, my house is over thirty yrs. old and when we installed it it wasn’t even mentioned. I did start stirring the pot more, still it is not helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.