The Perfect Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Just caught up on the posts and didn't see one post about the $#%^& PE Summit. My un-named stove has the house at 76 and there are three inches of ice on the roof so I am going to bed.

Good night Summits. Where-ever you are.

e $#%^& PE Summit. Man 76 that Englander is really throwing out some serious heat. I't damn cold here single digits again and wind howling
Both stoves filled with real dry black birch primary air sett as low as it can go trying to hold them back under 650 73 in the familly room and 69 on the main level.
My wood pile and with all the ice,, the birch is the next available wood. Burn times will be down, so for the first time this year, I plan an early Am reload of both stoves

Hope ya'll get some thawing temperatures soon . Crocuses started blooming here last weekend. Spring's coming.

Minus 5° and the neighbor stops by .............

Neighbor says , "Didnt see any smoke, so I thought i would stop by and see how ya'll are weathering the cold blast and to see if your staying warm"
As I'm answering the door in my shorts i said, "No problems here , I'm just about ready to throw another log in the stove"

He asked what the inside temp was in the house as he comes inside , I go to look and we had the front room 79° and 75° in the kitchen.

He said he thought we only had the wood stove and didnt know we also had a furnace. "NOPE , No furnace here .........Just the PACIFIC ENERGY SUMMIT! "

(......THAT WAS 4-U BrotherBart ;-) )

He said he has been running his furnace all day AND his wood stove (pre-EPA) and it was 62° in his house and just couldnt keep up with it.

Looking for 30° ++ temps this weekend ...........that below 0 chit is just hard on everything.
We had to pull out the stash of Hedge Apple this week. Glad to see ya'll are staying warm, sounds like you guys are cooking right along.

Keep-um burning.

Attachments

• P101003.JPG
    P101003.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 478
If I keep her going religously, the "SUMMIT" keeps the lower level about 74° in this weather. I let her burn down a lil more to burn up any excessive coals, will drop to 69 or 70.
Been lazy in the morn and letting the coals from the night before burn down some. Usually arounf 68 or 69 when I wake up with just coals. Now the furnace does come on here and there at about 6:00am for the women of the house to warm up. When I get up I knock it back down to 62. Lowest its been in here is 63 one night when I was out and no one else home, and no wood loaded in the beast.
The back room here gets cooler than the rest of the house due to no real air flow from the main part of house. I kick up the kero portable once in a while and in about 1/2hr have to turn it off.
Filled the oil tank back in September 06, have about 1/2 tank left. Not bad considering I installed the Summit Christmas weekend 06.
Paid $450.00 for about 9 cord of bucks, 2 deliveries had about 2 seasoned split mixed in. Good guy I get it from. The rest is all split except some very large rounds that I may end up making a few tables & shelves out of. Just about out of dry stuff, been mixing in semi dry stuff. Nothing soaking wet green, but def not dry.
I'll be better prepared for next year. Will have some cleaning to do also, but I expect it.
Hopefully next year I can get the Englander & install it in the addition. Then I'll be giving some competition to the Nuker plant :)

Hi Guys,

Roo, those are some unbelievable temps. Yo uneighbor must be moving in soon or getting his own PE summit.

Hogs, I missed your comments on my PE summit post. Please read and add your story as needed.

Around 63-64 when I wake up, around 68-70 when the Quad Isle Royale is running properly.

Carpniels

My god people, how in the HELL can you stand that kind of heat.
My furnace went out last wendsday, it finally exausted it storage bank. I got home and it was 46* in my living room, and my furnace was just blowing cold air. I turned off the furnace so it could recharge it self, and i fired up the woodstove. By 8 pm i was back up to 60* and by ten i was up to our regualr 67*. I banked up the stove, turned on the celing fan and went to bed. In the morning it was 72* and i was about to die. It took most the morning for my house to get back in the comfortable 60*'s. I can say this, that night the furnace was off, i shut my bedroom door on accident. I woke up about 4 am and you could almost see your breath in my bedroom, thats a litte chilly even for me.

I am with you on this one MSG, but my wife freaks if the temp in the upstairs drops below 70. I did not refill the Mansfield at 10 last night and the hall temp was 66 this morning. I knew that was going to happen as we went below 0 last night again. IF I let the temp down to 46 in our house my wife would move me out of the house.

I just have to get the core temp up by the time she gets home from work.

My wife likes it below 59 at in the bedroom night and closes the door. She says she "cools off faster" when she has hot flashes at night. She has started carrying a Soap Stove brick warmed on the stove rapped in a towel into bed as as a foot warmer.

MSG, I'm with you man. By mistake, I will once in a while let the temps rise above 72. Thats just getting to warm, even for Whats-her-name.

If it gets below 72 around here, people start bitching.

Eric Johnson said:
If it gets below 72 around here, people start bitching.
Same here, I won't point fingers, but they happen to have the opposite chromosomes as us men.

We've been keeping the house at 68 daytime, 70 in the evening and 64 after midnight.

MountainStoveGuy said:
My god people, how in the HELL can you stand that kind of heat.
in the morning it was 72* and i was about to die. It took most the morning for my house to get back in the comfortable 60*'s.
Maybe it's the fact that you are on fire in your avatar :lol:
60's keeps ya cool :cheese:
It's 80* in my stove room and about 75* in the surrounding rooms. upstairs about 65*, which is perfect for sleeping so wifey doesn't complain about that temp. But she can tell when I turn the stove temp back a couple of degrees, so I don't touch the dial anymore.

Not sure I even need a wood stove as it was 61 outside today. Maybe Winter will return to Oregon next year, or next week :coolsmile: However, I did look at the PE's yesterday and am leaning toward the Spectrum Classic - in white - as it matches our fireplace remodel. Price is just over $2000. More than I planned on, but a Jotul Castine in white will cost about $1700, so the PE is in the ballpark. Still like the F3 CB but have pretty much decided it's too small and I want longer burn times.

bcnu said:
Not sure I even need a wood stove as it was 61 outside today. Maybe Winter will return to Oregon next year, or next week :coolsmile: However, I did look at the PE's yesterday and am leaning toward the Spectrum Classic - in white - as it matches our fireplace remodel. Price is just over $2000. More than I planned on, but a Jotul Castine in white will cost about $1700, so the PE is in the ballpark. Still like the F3 CB but have pretty much decided it's too small and I want longer burn times.

Blow off the F3. I am not impressed by it at all.

By the way, want some ice? I can send you eight hundred and seventy eight feet of it if I can get it up off of my downhill S-curved driveway.

bcnu said:

$2000. for the Pacific Energy Spectrum Classic ........ is that with the extra 24k gold or Polished Nickel Legs, Door & Trivet ?

The ivory looks very nice . http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/pacspecc.htm

Attachments

• pacific.jpg
    pacific.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 208
carpniels said:
Hi Guys,

Roo, those are some unbelievable temps. Yo uneighbor must be moving in soon or getting his own PE summit.

Hogs, I missed your comments on my PE summit post. Please read and add your story as needed.

Around 63-64 when I wake up, around 68-70 when the Quad Isle Royale is running properly.

Carpniels

I seen your post bro, will try and add my 2cents in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.