The Pope is coming to Philly!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a religious person but when I hear something about the Pope I stop and listen more than any other time before.

I'm a practicing Catholic who finds Pope Francis to be a breath of fresh air and the best thing that has happened to our church in a very long time-I'm very excited about this too. I'm not far away in NW Jersey and would love to go and see him at some point, but it's a ways off yet.

Reactions: flyingcow
He a Jesuit priest. Very humble.

When he was "elected" to be the new Pope, all the cardinals that did the voting rode back to the main hall. They all gathered and waited for him to arrive. expecting as previous Pope's have done, riding in a special vehicle, pomp and circumstance, etc. He arrived with the last bus load of Cardinals. Refused the "special" ride. He does not feel that the Pope should be "above" others.

That's a long ways from the Borgias.

If more of the Popes had been like Pope Francis, I might have stayed a practicing Catholic. Very humble, pragmatic man ... he's cleaning up house!

Status
Not open for further replies.