The Pregnant Ninja

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestcoast

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2009
NW Indiana
My wife & I are waiting on our first baby to decide it's good and ready to come out. Getting a touch of cabin-fever it seems :)

Attachments

• Ninja.jpg
    Ninja.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,817
"Don't you even think about touching me!"

BrotherBart said:
"Don't you even think about touching me!"

It's alittle late for that, me thinx.

midwest, she has quite the bubble going on there! Congrats to both of you soon-to-be-parents!!

That's quite a good looking hatching jacket! Congratulations to you and your wife for the coming addition to the family. Enjoy them; they grow super fast.

Funny - good luck with the baby! Wish I could have one more, but three will do it - wife's body didn't respond well to number three. Cheers!

Woah momma! That's one bad mamajama

Thanks for the well-wishes. Yep, we are ready to get this show on the road! I'm pretty darned excited to welcome this new little soul into the world, and I can't wait to finally get some snuggle time. She's been hoggin' it for 9 months already! Time to give daddy some cuddles!! I think Mrs. MWC is about ready to have her uterus back now...
'Her guess date' is tomorrow, but by our calculations she's a couple days past 40 weeks right now & getting a wee bit uncomfy.
As for the no touching, well, not exactly true. Don't you all know that's a good way to jumpstart labor? ;-)
As Ina May Gaskin put it "it's love that got the baby in there and it's love that gets the baby out" :)

Oh, and btw: I sent this pic to my Sis last night. Today she texts to tell me my nephew is making the baby some origami throwing stars. :coolsmirk:
His sister was apparently writing the baby a poem about "flowers, love, and the sky". :)

I'm a parent of a 19 month old. If I were you I would take a nap. I can bet you it will be at least 19 months til your next one.

seeyal8r said:
I'm a parent of a 19 month old. If I were you I would take a nap. I can bet you it will be at least 19 months til your next one.

That's good advice. My wife is due in a couple of weeks with our second. I took a nap today on the couch by the stove. With a four year old and a new one coming I anticipate this luxury will soon deminish.

I have a 2yo, 4yo and one due in September. A wise person once told me when we were expecting our first to sleep when the baby sleeps no matter what. It doesn't work with 2 kids. I find myself trying to figure out where the three days that I lost track of went.

Congrats to you and the wife... I could stunt double for the pregnant ninja...But you would all probably just call me 'FATSO'!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.