The Propane guy came today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agartner

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2009
Southern NH
...and delivered all of about 124 gallons, which represents my LP consumption since around December 4th. Last year, I didn't burn all that much at all and by this time last year I had taken on almost a full 250 gallons. This year I'm trying my best to run the one stove in the basement 24x7 and it looks like I've halved my LP consumption just from that.

Needless to say I'm a real happy camper today. If I'm able to get a second stove installed next year I'm hoping to cut my LP consumption down to close to summertime levels.

WooT Wood!

-Al.
Kent Sherwood

Makes all the work seem worth it! I'm sure the house is warmer then if you were running full time on the pane.

My last fill on Dec. 23 I took 106 gallons, as of yesterday my tank was between 70-75% so I'm pretty happy with that. I keep the furnace set to 70* so it tends to run a little on the cold mornings.

’bert said:
Somewhere Hank Hill is in a pool of tears!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't turned the tube on in three years but that was the last show I watched.

agartner said:
...and delivered all of about 124 gallons, which represents my LP consumption since around December 4th. Last year, I didn't burn all that much at all and by this time last year I had taken on almost a full 250 gallons. This year I'm trying my best to run the one stove in the basement 24x7 and it looks like I've halved my LP consumption just from that.

Needless to say I'm a real happy camper today. If I'm able to get a second stove installed next year I'm hoping to cut my LP consumption down to close to summertime levels.

WooT Wood!

-Al.
Kent Sherwood

Good. Paying for heat is for suckers.

Had mine filled in Oct and it is now at 70%. That equals only 50 gallons used. My hot water heater and dryer use LP and the furnace has only ran the 3 weeks we were on vacation since Oct(Had therm set at 45 degrees F). I love it. Definately makes all the work worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.