The quest for better air circulation, and some good luck!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
I'm putting in a doorway off our living room where our stove is, to another room in our house. The air hopefully will move around the downstairs a bit better, moving through the new doorway, through the room, and out another doorway to the landing by the stairs. At the very least, we'll gain some easier access to a room we very rarely use. Well, I found the studs and post with a stud finder to get an idea of what I'm facing (post and beam house). Ah perfect, if I go from the post to a certain stud, it gives me a perfect opening for a doorway. Good stuff! Well, as I pulled away the drywall in the area, surprise, it was an original doorway exactly where I wanted to put one, all framed out, that someone added some studs to and covered with drywall at some point. Woooo Hoooo! My job just got easier!! I love it when a plan comes together.

Funny the things you find when renovating an old house. Mine is 1855, and I uncovered an original front entrance door where the master bedroom is now (among lots of other crazy stuff!).

Status
Not open for further replies.