The Resting Place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
This is my favorite place to sit and watch the world go by. In between loads of firewood, after the milking is done, and on dark summer nights, you can find me sitting on this bench. It faces east, so is warm in the morning and cool in the evening.
IMG_3151.jpg

I am jealous. My fav spot to watch the world go by is 4 hours away. Lake Umbagog (western side). I shoudl be able to find a pic to post. but, I'm still jealous.

Jeez, I'm relieved...I thought from the thread title you were posting a pic of somebody's grave. %-P Rick

Thanks! Speaking of graves, when the time comes, I couldn't think of a better place. Not sure if the law allows that here though! Ha ha!

how much wood is that?
looks like it goes almost all the way across the pic

You need to move that bench around so you can watch your wood dry.

iceman said:
how much wood is that?
looks like it goes almost all the way across the pic
I'm not sure how much it is, I've never measured it precisely. Roughly 16 cord? That's just one of my piles (the front yard).

Here's our resting place/hang out. Cleaned up a lot of splitter trash I wanted to sacrifice before the rains came this morning.
3781124622_2d05830d8d.jpg

...just say'em I had to enhance this pic to properly view it. the flash attachment is totally inadequate. Cannon power shot A570IS

savageactor7 said:
Here's our resting place/hang out. Cleaned up a lot of splitter trash I wanted to sacrifice before the rains came this morning.
...just say'em I had to enhance this pic to properly view it. the flash attachment is totally inadequate. Cannon power shot A570IS
Very nice! I see your dogs enjoy it too. Ours also.

Oh, and most of my pictures are Canon PowerShot too, SX100IS.

Beautiful. Thats a view that sooths the soul! Make sure you have a lienenkugel in hand :lol:

Thanks burntime! It really does sooth the soul. And I've got plenty of extra chairs for visitors. Everybody knows when they drive by and see the fire going, they're always welcome to stop and sit awhile. Here's a few pics from last night's resting place session:
IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

So where is theis mystical central Wi place? I am in New Berlin just outside of Milw.

About 15 miles from Castle Rock Lake, in the Central Sands.

Status
Not open for further replies.