The Saturday night boozing and burning thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
So...what are you drinking and what are you burning? I'm working my way through a Smuttynose sampler pack. I'm liking their Robust Porter. There's a nice mix of well seasoned ash and punky crap I'm trying to get rid of in the Englander.

I am burning some short oak and working my way through a Natural Light sampler pack. I have noticed they all taste kinda alike.

Burning odds and shorts and downing a big mug of black coffee.......................

Badfish740 said:
So...what are you drinking and what are you burning? I'm working my way through a Smuttynose sampler pack. I'm liking their Robust Porter. There's a nice mix of well seasoned ash and punky crap I'm trying to get rid of in the Englander.

Aspen, coffee and ice water.

zap

Random chunks, mostly Pine and woodshop scraps. Drinking Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

I'm burning some pine and dancing to pre-teen music in the stove (not even a real stove just an insert I'm so ashamed) room. 3 hours ago I was bucking swamp oak and replacing a brake calliper on my truck, and now I'm rolling out pastry dough for an apple pie (some girls don't like to dance because they have body issues) and listening to Jazz Z and Alison Keys do a pretty bad imitation of Notorious B.I.G. My wife is out boozing it up with the Desperate Housewives Club and I've got a gang of 11-12 yr old girls in my mancave singing Adelle "Someone Like You" over, and over, and over.

I didn't even know they still made music videos. Somebody just put a bullet in me.

btuser said:
I'm burning some pine and dancing to pre-teen music in the stove (not even a real stove just an insert I'm so ashamed) room. 3 hours ago I was bucking swamp oak and replacing a brake calliper on my truck, and now I'm rolling out pastry dough for an apple pie (some girls don't like to dance because they have body issues) and listening to Jazz Z and Alison Keys do a pretty bad imitation of Notorious B.I.G. My wife is out boozing it up with the Desperate Housewives Club and I've got a gang of 11-12 yr old girls in my mancave singing Adelle "Someone Like You" over, and over, and over.

I didn't even know they still made music videos. Somebody just put a bullet in me.

No need to feel ashamed btuser...I will be in your shoes in exactly 11 years ;)

btuser said:

Horses worked for me %-P

The apple pie is looking good. Make sure you don't over-mix your crust because it won't be flakey. House is 74F so no more burning tonight.

Girl you know it, yes you know it's true.

Oooh Oooh Oooh, I love you.

I am re-arranging the living room to find a place to put large amounts of wood. The boy is on the (transient) couch watching beauty and the beast :lol: Thanks for the reminder to crack a beer. My very own oktoberfest :cheese: Burning pine, poplar, and some random unidentified small round.

I picked up another carboy today at the flea market and I got my apple farmer pal to pull some strings and get me a discount on some cider. Hopefully we'll get that started soon.
I also picked up a maul and already broke it >:-(

btuser said:
The apple pie is looking good. Make sure you don't over-mix your crust because it won't be flakey. House is 74F so no more burning tonight.

Girl you know it, yes you know it's true.

Oooh Oooh Oooh, I love you.

Pleeeeease,Don't quit your day job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Think I put wood in the stove (looking for that damn cat now, hope I didn't..... :grrr: )

Fighting a cold, so it's scotch tonight.

pen

Burning some half-rotten cottonwood (this is the time of year to clear such things out, but it's really less than ideal stuff) and drinking a Sam Adams . . .

Oh yea, at the flea market I almost got a marriage proposal from an ole redneck who saw my carrying my newly purchased maul and carboy.

Which one? The one with the hot animated redhead? I married that girl.

From age 3-4my daughter wore a yellow ball gown to bed. She wouldn't go to sleep till she had the wig, gown and SHOES on her body. By the time she was 4 it was literally a rag we draped acrossed her body like a sash.

Time to go. I've got a solo.

btuser said:
From age 3-4my daughter wore a yellow ball gown to bed. She wouldn't go to sleep till she had the wig, gown and SHOES on her body. By the time she was 4 it was literally a rag we draped acrossed her body like a sash.

man, I thought she was a fan of maleficent!

UPDATE: Cat is is still here, scotch is gone though.

pen

Sitting around my buddies stove, burning oak, drinking Yuengling, and talking about where we r gonna hang out deer stands tomorrow! Gotta love whitetail season in Pennsylvania:)

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
btuser said:

man, I thought she was a fan of maleficent!

When I saw that avatar a piece of my universe fell into place. I owe you a favor.

On a more serious note: I CAN NOT get the fluting on my pie crust to stand up! What am I doing wrong girlfirends?

Burning pine and sippin' a tall glass of chocolate milk.

btuser said:

Funny-so did I. If my daughter looks like my wife we're gonna have problems. In other news, BB would be proud-I've switched to Miller High Life. I also threw a little locust on as if I'm going to be sleeping for a while. Who am I kidding-the baby will be up in two hours ;)

Wallace said:
Sitting around my buddies stove, burning oak, drinking Yuengling, and talking about where we r gonna hang out deer stands tomorrow! Gotta love whitetail season in Pennsylvania:)

Now that's the ticket. Deer camp in PA isn't complete without Yuengling.

Badfish740 said:
btuser said:

Funny-so did I. If my daughter looks like my wife we're gonna have problems. In other news, BB would be proud-I've switched to Miller High Life.

Wallace said:

LMFAO !!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Badfish740 said:
btuser said:

Funny-so did I. If my daughter looks like my wife we're gonna have problems. In other news, BB would be proud-I've switched to Miller High Life.

Wallace said:

LMFAO !!

At what? The fact that I am going to feel compelled to clean firearms in front of my daughters' prospective suitors in 16 years or the bit about deer camp? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.